Hurling League 2018

I think the statistics bear this out. Take a look at the clear goal chances created and goals scored categories, for example.

Clear goal chances created:
Tipperary - 0.
Wexford - 7.

Goals scored:
Tipperary - 3.
Wexford - 1.

Tipperary scoring 3 goals from 0 chances was phenomenal but Wexford will need to markedly improve their strike rate. It needs to be at least 50%.

1 Like

It’s probably best now for all concerned to let Conor McDonald concentrate on getting his new business up & running.

Call him back in in late April or early May.
Those missed goal chances were very disheartening. He made a fucking ligend of Mooney.

1 Like

Scoreboard is all that matters

Tipp for Liam and that’s fact

The manner of victory or defeat or even the draw is all that matters throughout the League, Joe.

Scores means nothing unless you want to join Lk in 1B.

Let’s not go there

1 Like

Nobody wants to be in 1B but teams who work hard usually get out of it pretty quickly. :speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

in fairness to Mac, the first chance, the one handed pick up and strike with his back to goal was a superb piece of skill that brought off a great save. If it went in, you’d have hoards of people saying it was “the best goal they had ever seen” cc @shanedowling.

The second one however showed up his current lack of confidence. He should have smacked it home on the first touch. Instead he slightly hesitated and took a step and then hit a half hearted effort within reach of the keeper. If that went in, it would have left one point in it with a couple of minutes of injury time to play. We scored the resultant 65 and then Tipp went down and scored the goal to finish the game.

When you see Paudie Maher fist pumping & kicking opposition players Hurley’s away then you know you’ve done something right.

Wexford were pretty impressive in total, they don’t seem fazed playing away from home which is positive.

Davy is doing a great job.

wonder will all the screaming marys cc @fran be out after Maher like they were after Chin for kicking the hurl away

they wont, the Kilkenny cunts.

4 Likes

Wexford are doing brilliant under Davy l and should be in the last four come summer

1 Like

Double standards bastards.

No they shouldn’t

There was a large gap. And if Tipp needed to up it they could at any stage.

They scored a number of scores pretty unmarked. That’s dismantling what Davy is trying to do.

Tipp eased up and nearly let a come back of sorts but it would have been a very imbalanced result had they.

Don’t get me wrong. Wexford are handy and very Competitive. But I would not see based on the couple of performances to date how their structure and forward play is going to be anywhere better than last year.

And seeing as teams have figured out themselves and Waterford tactically I fear for them in terms of progression

Wexford are better than cork if say

No chance u less draw is very kind (I actually have no idea how that may pan out).

Tipp and Galway are a nice stretch ahead of the rest.
I expect Waterford to come blazing in the summer and with ahead altered approach if what I am hearing ahead bout them is true.

I know it’s a grade down but I like the look of Limericks hurling and conditioning too.

It’s conceivable there will be 3 tiers by end of year

Tipp-Galway

Waterford-Limerick

Cork-KK

I expect Wexford maybe best of the rest.

Of course making and my positive prediction on Limerick is foolish. However there is something about them. A coldness and efficiency.

Very unfair on Wexford to be putting them in the same bracket as Waterford.

Nah.

Come summer Cork will be 4 or 5 points better.

If you match Corks performances with the selections and what Myler is saying they clearly do not give a fuck about the league and see it abouts dress rehearsal for Round Robin.

It’s a fair enough approach.

The pace missing off the team yesterday was significant

1 Like

A lot of country lads, love the muck, rain, sleet, snow etc etc.

1 Like

In what way?

They are not identical. But they both use what I call the “ignorant sweeper”.

It’s already outdated