Hurling League 2018

See my comment above. :+1:

RTEĢ coverage beyond awful. Didnā€™t show the penalty in nowlan park or mention it. All the commentators do it in studio too.

I donā€™t know Hamill at all but heā€™s a decent hurler who had a bad second half today. Iā€™d personally have him nowhere near the Tipp team but he shouldnā€™t be laughed at by some cunt from some shithole in West Tipp whoā€™s obviously never achieved anything in sport just because he isnā€™t quite good enough for intercounty hurling

5 Likes

It will be the greatest two weeks in the history of TFK. Imagine the bile.

You did. But if you told fellas here it was Monday they would argue with you

1 Like

At least Vincent Hogan covered Donal Moloneyā€™s disgraceful attack on Kevin Foley. It didnā€™t warrant a mention in Ian Oā€™Riordanā€™s Irish Times report. Would he leave it out if Davy Fitz came onto the pitch during live play to blindside and upend a player in full flight? Would he fuck. I understand Wexford donā€™t intend to pursue the matter. Very gracious of them.

Wtf are you raving about atack my hole

1 Like

Vincent Hogan really shouldnā€™t be covering any of his golfing buddyā€™s matches. Embarrassing piece.

1 Like

Would you get the same feeling about Moloney that you got about Kiely?

Double post.

Iā€™m seething about this.

Heā€™ll certainly need to go onto local radio in Clare to explain his actions yesterday. He surely apologised profusely to young Kevin Foley after the game. But when you recall a load of Clare supporters were citing Davyā€™s sideline antics as a significant reason to get rid of the All Ireland and National Hurling League manager, and then you see this guy coming onto the pitch as Foley was haring after play and shouldering and leg tripping him. Shocking stuff.

Was it @Raylan or one of the other Clare lads who has recent history of lying about clashes between players and management team personnel on the sideline? Hardly surprising to see them circle the wagons and run interference on an incident which was clearly seen by people like me and Vincent Hogan who were actually at the match. I donā€™t recall reading any posts from them during it to suggest that they were in attendance.

You should mount a twitter campaign over it. That normally gets your outrage across in a sensible manner.

@Bandage letting himself down here big time

Itā€™s always pretty tough to make a judgement on where teams stand during the group stages of the league, but itā€™s clear that everybody (bar perhaps Waterford) is fighting tooth and nail to avoid relegation. Aside from motivation and current form, you need to take account of track record / precedent, squad depth / players to come back and future potential generally. Putting it all together itā€™s looking something like:

Tier 1: Tipperary, Galway.

Tier 2: Waterford, Clare, Wexford, Kilkenny.

Tier 3: Limerick, Cork, Dublin.

Tier 4: Offaly & non Liam MacCarthy counties.

I still donā€™t think any of the tier 2 counties can beat a Tipperary or Galway side in full flow at present. But is there further improvement in them and can Galway sustain last seasonā€™s levels? Theyā€™ve been able to ease through 1B so far.

Limerick could effectively be tier 2 (and will benefit from Galway game, at least 1 knock-out league game and the round robin) but itā€™s premature to include them after last year and only beating weak 1B sides this year.

Cork could beat any tier 2 team in the auld soft, non-contact, high scoring, helter skelter, no physicality games they like but probably only in Munster rather than at the business end.

Iā€™m including Dublin in tier 3, but they could be tier 4 based on league displays to date OR tier 2 if the Cuala lads get back and click with the new management team and the rest of the core of good players they have.

1 Like

Sweep sweep.

Clare manager was a disgrace yesterday. You should be ashamed.

1 Like

Vincent Hogan has a wonderful way with words.

So far, limerick and Wexford are nigh on unbeatable, and definitely going to win the all Ireland, tipp Cork and clare are shadowboxing, and will be unbeatable in the summer, kilkenny havenā€™t gone away and will be there or thereabouts. Waterford and galway are dark horses. Either will be unbeatable once they get back training.Dublin should be in the Christy ring.
Have I left anyone out?

4 Likes

Laois?

Havenā€™t seen them mentioned.