Hurling Power Rankings

The @Locke Power Rankings will be off the scale this week.

1 Like

His computer model could crash when he inputs the data

2 Likes

The clueless OTB boys had them at No.18 or something scandalous like that back in February. I remarked at the time that it was a shocking oversight.

It’s only an eight bit machine.

You’d want your head examined if you’re listening to those cunts about hurling

2 Likes

The anticipation is killing me. I expect a big drop for my beloved Galway after yesterdays fiasco.

You’d expect yerselves, Tipperary and Kilkenny to tali off significantly alright. All eyes on @Locke

Who else could be No.1 except Limerick?

Woolie is the only game in town.

Clare topped the round robin and are rightfully No.1 in my book. Limerick have an opportunity to correct that in the Munster final.

Clare surely number 1. Galway as only undefeated county left must be top 2.

Where to start with the HURLING POWER RANKINGS this week. Not going to let it all sink in, Monday morning, let’s go.

1. Limerick - who are we all kidding. Yes they are still using the same players, flogging them to death over the past 6 years, but they are the team to beat. Unrale, and well worth the millions of investment from their sugar daddy.
  2. Wexford - what that I hear you say, is it 1996? What a performance and showed what they can do. Just a shame that they are done for the summer (in hurling).
  3. Waterford - Davy is playing chess and the long game with the rest of us. Again, they’ll get the summer off, can’t get relegated etc, but just wow! To beat Tipp, in their back yard. Just brilliant bouy.
  4. Clare - this is what happens when you take a week off. They’ll get bate in the Munster final too.
  5. Galway - humming along. The best we can offer in Leinster is a team from the West.
  6. Dublin - dark horses for the Liam McCarthy. You heard it here first.
  7. Tipp - Still a great team, but have got a defeat out of their system which will help them. Not dark horses for the AI as, well they are Tipp, but could they meet Dublin in the final :thinking:
  8. Cork - Had a great year but are out. What can you do. I think they would have went far but that’s Munster for you.
  9. KK - draw at home and lose away to our main ‘rivals’ in Leinster. The only light is that we beat Dublin, but we were at home and they had an off day. I’m hearing that people are working on the ‘Lyng Out’ banners.
  10. Antrim - Some win below in Mullingar to retain their Liam McCarthy status. Great to see.
  11. Carlow - great performance for them to win over Offaly.
  12. Westmeath - didn’t use the win in the Chadwick to springboard them to keep their status at the top table. A shame.
  13. Offaly - didn’t do it over the weekend. Still in it but you’d be surprised if they win v Tipp.
15 Likes

Wow!

All over the country you’ve lads clearing their diaries for the day

2 Likes

And last! They’ll get a right hole opening in the Quarters.

2 Likes

Happy Season 8 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

1 Like

It just seems surreal that these two sides’ seasons are over so early in the summer after both produced outstanding performances & wins yesterday. The respective county boards could organise a game in New Ross next weekend, as there’s a real thirst for more hurling. Especially as next weekend is bogball only I think, around 86 Sam Maguire & Tickle Chin Cup games over Saturday & Sunday? They could take a leaf out of rubby’s book & make up a trophy for it. Maybe make the Queally-Quigley-Quaich, aka the Treble Q, an annual match.

14 Likes

The Sunny South East.
Home of hurling…

Test match hurling would be serious business. Sure the great Kilkenny team of the 2000’s and early 10’s swept all before them but could they have gone on a 5 week tour of Munster and remained unbeaten? Antrim could play the role of Fiji as the exotic tier 2 opponent in between two big tests against tier 1 counties.

3 Likes

Kilkenny’s record winning streak remains intact after being briefly threatened by this Limerick team.

Just not in June……