Hurling Power Rankings

This limerick team aren’t on same plain as that KK team. Hayes, Finn, Lynch, Gillane maybe Hannon would get a look in but after that in all honestly…

Quaid surely better than any Kilkenny goalie of that era too.

1 Like

Hayes, hannon and byrnes are every bit as dominant as Walsh, hogan and jj Delaney. Our boys just lack a little longevity.

Two of the six names mentioned there are millennium team contenders. The other four are not

1 Like

Fair shout. It’s only a keeper though. PJ Ryan was big reason they won fourth one so he could step up himself

I’ll get the ball rolling on a combined team, just for fun. Pretty even split. Sticking Hayes up centre forward to get him into team, but most others are in fairly natural/ usual positions. Barry Nash maybe over Jackie Tyrrell. Noel Hickey could also feel hard done by (move JJ to 7 where he thrived and drop Byrnes) as could a number of others.

Quaid
Finn
Delaney
Tyrrell
Walsh
Hannon
Byrnes
Fennelly
Lynch
Larkin
Hayes
Reid
Gillane
Shefflin
Power

That cunt had some match that day (although I still reckon those saves were relatively comfortable)

Kyle Hayes is only 25 this summer. Only coming into his peak years.

Four senior All Ireland medals isnt bad going though in fairness to have in the pocket already.

He is an all time great.

2 Likes

I would argue based on their scoring ability the Limerick line is better.

2 Likes

Delaney is the greatest wing back of all time you ham.

KK should dominate a combined team

3 Likes

I totally agree with you.

I’d also say he was the best full back of the past 15 years too!

2 Likes

He isn’t better than Kyle is he?

JJ was insane

2 Likes

My auld lad said he was as good as he’s seen.

Yes. He’s better than every backman I’ve ever seen

JJ Delaney is the best defender ever.

5 Likes

If Kyle can keep this up for another 5 or 6 years he’ll go down as the best ever.

1 Like

Hayes has the highlight moments in the attacking part of the field but he has a mighty long ways to go to get near the likes of JJ Delaney or Tommy Walsh among others. He’ll have to take over the reins from Hannon and lead Limerick to a few more All Irelands yet.

3 Likes

He’s only just starting.

Perhaps, hard to tell how long a man can keep going or will hack the unreal demands of being an intercounty hurler at the top level. We should appreciate the ones who have the longevity even more.