Hurling - The Hand Pass Rule - a thread

Hurls are becoming more like bats with the modern game. Saw yer man doing the Brick Flick on the highlights show - just the game evolving, harder to hook and block. We’ll see more of it I bet in years to come.

Must be hopeless being a forward and you’re down a man to begin with because you’re playing a sweeper and all the sweeper does is poke the ball to another back who finally tries to deliver a ball into the forwards with the Clare backs having had all the time in the world to set up. No surprise that the only goal Waterford got was from one of the only balls that Leavey hit long.

You really need a sweeper who can deliver long off both sides and score from distance when the opportunity arises. TDB fits that profile when fit.

1 Like

Big commonalities with struggling teams, lack of ball winning forwards, struggle on own puckouts, lack of striking ability in the halfbackline.

I was biased watching it but Mark Coleman seemed to be completely taking the piss throwing the ball on Saturday, in his otherwise very impressive 20 minutes.

1 Like

Only thelimericks throw the ball. You must be mistaken.

3 Likes

He must have had 10 possessions in that time

In fairness, I enjoyed the league matches over the weekend. Seemed to be played at a far better tempo with something now at stake with a clear division 1A status next year.

1 Like

Cork and Clare throw the ball as much if not more than Limerick. Waterford also like a throw and Tipperary are replicating the rest of Munster.

Kilkenny are the best team by far to properly practice the handpass.

2 Likes

I was on the other side of the pitch and I could see that too. But hey ho, that’s the way the game is gone.

No mate you’re not allowed say that. You’ve to long for the days when hurling consisted of butty lads who smoked 20 major a day who would get the ball, close their eyes and lamp it down the field

5 Likes

The very antithesis of RIP hurling stuff.

That’s the type of lazy analysis and smart comment that has led to RIP Hurling.

This is whats wrong with fucking hurling, cunts like this

https://twitter.com/NoPlanBGAA/status/1757334681794564330

2 Likes

The absolute hack of it

You can just hear canning banging on about structural disconnect and cohesion along with laaatitide and daaaawhee.

Limerick winning led to it mate

Go on…

Not sure why you’re asking me to and not the other poster.

Anyway - Even very first thing he says… Nitpicking individual possessions/occurrences ‘eyes scanning’ etc., is all bollox. He took a man on to make more space for himself.

Was asking what your criticisms of it were.

They used 3/4 clips of poor deliveries to back up the stats of 30 deliveries. They were not going to put all in a clip.

Find them quite good and concise. They did a football one about Derrys attack last year that was excellent.

1 Like