I have lost interest in

How many of these people do you know?

Plenty. Your username would suggest you’re from a particular part. I can understand why you like to deny what went on up there. I can also understand why unionists are fearful of the future. Don’t worry though, it’s unlikely to be allowed happen again.

I’m from the north. I know plenty of bigots and they pledge allegiance to a number of flags and hold a number of anthems as theirs. Being a unionist doesn’t mean you’re a bigot, believe it or not being an orange man doesn’t either

2 Likes

This isnt unique to hurling… All sport has gone to shit pal…all totally over analysed and overhyped…its more a reflection of the empty lives people live where they have to see sports events as world changing events when all it is just an escape from their mundane life…

6 Likes

Every post on this thread after this one has me feeling the same way. If it wasn’t for the Equine thread and the NFL betting there’d be nothing to hang around here for anymore

3 Likes

thats the way it is gone now with social media, losers sitting at home with nothing better to do than posting pictures of their dinner and runners, looking for attention

13 Likes

GSTQ is still driving the backward bigotted gombeens demented. The rest of the country jumped that hurdle in 2007 croke park.

1 Like

Are Catholics well represented within the Orange Order?

Yep all feeds into the same thing…whatever happened to the guy who is so happy with his lot that he doesn’t waste time trying to prove it to anyone else??

It’s gas when you get a pig-ignorant roaster like @mikehunt trying to lecture a northern nationalist like @glenshane about Unionism.

You simply couldn’t work, run a family, keep a wife, be doing a few odd jobs around the house etc etc etc and be posting 6-800 repetitive nonsense posts on topics that don’t interest you.

1 Like

Well the way you made your point was hazy and ill-constructed. That’s before we get to the part about your point being complete supposition and more revealing about your level of bigotry than anything else.

I kinda get the feeling that you’re the sort of turnip who happily sings “IRA” in the middle of the chorus of the fields of athenry any time it comes on.

2 Likes

No. Did you really need to ask? I can’t give you simplistic one dimensional explanations of complex matters.
Sorry

If I was bigoted and a pretend RA head I would have a problem with these lads having GSTQ as their national anthem. I don’t. I just find the whole scene bizarre when Ireland play England in rugby.

Starting point is the counties and unfortunately a lot of them have been asleep at the wheel…instead of getting their own house in order they blame GAA…

I was unaware the Orange Order accepted Roman Catholics as members. If a northern catholic applied to join the Orange Order would he be successful? What’s the application process like? I’m asking for a friend if you’re wondering.

They never tried to help counties who tried to help themselves. In the past decade, Carlow, Westmeath, Laois, Kerry, Meath and Antrim have all tried to drive on themselves, but you can only do so much on your own. At some point you need proper tangible financial support from HQ. When Dublin set out to promote hurling, Croke Park got behind them financially almost immediately. Sadly this wasn’t the case in other counties, and the push simply died a death.

I can only speak from Laois’ experience, but both Cheddar and Critchley both put blood sweat and tears (and their own money sadly) into getting Laois hurling off the ground, and when they developed a plan to sustain it, for a small fraction of what was given elsewhere from Croke Park, they were ignored and fed the usual shite from cunts like Alan Milton.

Neither are involved anymore in Laois hurling, because quite simply they couldn’t sustain what they were doing personally. The time to row behind them was then.

Anyway, I’ve banged this drum before on here. It is what it is, and it wont change.

8 Likes

100 percent agree.

1 Like

Is ‘IRA’ not the words to the the song?

1 Like

i love to occasionally lurk into one of the glasgow celtic sfira threads and watch the like of @rocko and @bandage earnestly attempt to analyse the goings on down on the pitch. i always allow myself a little chuckle and then leave

11 Likes