I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Good question. For a half there is no need imo to bring anything. When youā€™re training at say 2hr distance you can stop and thatā€™s as good as a gel or water. There today thereā€™s loads of water stations so you use them. There was one where they had energy drinks and I should have stopped, it was around 20 mile but kept going. Made a mistake there as itā€™s then I died a death. Then there are kind folk on the course who have oranges and bananas and jellies so you take the odd one of them.
Now that distances will be upped for the full marathon Iā€™m going to start wearing my cycling tops so that I can bring gels. Met a TdeMr at the start who showed me a caffeine drink that is supposed to be a great help. I donā€™t take Neurofin Plus either but should start as the mileage goes up.

I find a shot of EPO great myself.

2 Likes

Twas 25 degrees in the capital at half nine this morning. I bailed out of a 15 miler after 7 miles. The sweat was pissing out of me

1 Like

Bring on the Clare cunts

I put in an order to Maurten the other day for 24 gels and some drink mix,

Well done on the run today, a few minutes slower than Limerick? Apparently itā€™s all about time on your feet at this stage, no need to worry about times :+1:

1 Like

Maurten is serious tack. Serious expensive mind. Kipchoge is on it. I used it a few times. The gels are savage thick. Hard to get down if you donā€™t have a strong stomach.

Stay away from neurofin plus. If you have to take that, knock the running on its head. It will destroy your kidneys.

3 Likes

Ibuprofen is nothing but a placebo at best, itā€™s been shown to actually increase inflammation in many cases

• 1 if you canā€™t take the pain,you shouldnā€™t be at it
2 Likes

Itā€™s only pain.

@anon61878697

4 Likes

Big dog in the house

Cc @tassotti

PS. Are you watching The Bill?

None of this Coors light shit

Thatā€™ll blow the hole off you

Thatā€™s tasty enough at 6%.

Lovely tack