I won't be able to drink to spread covid

I’ve been To the Jazz many times in a misspent youth, good craic but I’ve never heard jazz at it in my life

You’d only hear a bit of jazz if Mrs O’Sullivan dragged you into the Imperial for Sunday lunch

The head on that pint is the bulb off Mont Blanc.

1 Like

3 Likes

A drop of italian @Cicero_Dandi

1 Like

A pint of Creamish

Had three gorgeous pints of it while watching the champions find a way (cc @Julio_Geordio)

1 Like

I’ve never tried it. Is it an acquired taste?

Ah it’s great stuff

2 Likes

I don’t be in Cork too often. They say that Murphy’s and Beamish get worse the further from Cork you go

Seriously?

It’s my preferred stout for past six/seven years, but Munster based pubs tend to be best places for it.

My reasons are as follows:

1. It’s got less ingredients (read: less chemicals) than Guinness
  2. this results in less of a hangover
  3. And the most Tippman reason, it’s cheaper
4 Likes

That’s the myth, I wouldn’t touch Murphy’s outside of Cork but you get a lovely pint of Beamish in some pubs in Limerick

2 Likes

I only drink it when I go to Cork. The best way to describe it is, it has the smoothness of Murphy’s and the kick of Guinness.

Any pub in Limerick city with a draw of Beamish will usually be doing a decent job

1 Like

When I was in UL the stables had €3 beamish on Tuesday nights. Couldn’t complain for that price

1 Like

The imperial used to sell a hape of it and it was pure lush.

I haven’t drank Murphy’s in 16/17 years and it’ll be that again before I go near it. Too sweet

A good few of the salt of the earth type pubs in Dublin serve Beamish. You might get it for 50 cents cheaper than Guinness. I’ve never seen Murphy’s on tap in Dublin

Jaysus i wouldn’t be having it on a night on the tear. 3 or 4 pints is enough

I’d take Beamish all day over Murphy’s

3 Likes