I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Never saw it until today.

Iā€™ve just had a fantastic 2.5 hours in my local pub. No photos. I ended up sitting for the last 20 mins with Eddie Furey and 2 of his old time mates. He comes in with his walking stick and just goes about his business.

Kate Bush came up, and he explained that they met a couple of times in London and in Germany. She was like a ā€œnervous kittenā€ but a lovely girl. Like a knacker I googled him when going for a jacks trip.

Seriously influential musician in a quiet way.

Heā€™d parked his stick in the corner earlier and I got it for him and made a quip about his best mate (mid 70ā€™s) charging too much as his minder. He loved the attention. Google him, forget finbar for a sec, he is/was an important musician.

The Fureyā€™s, lads. Never to be repeated.

@Fagan_ODowd gave me a clear and clean spot before, but this man will be gone soon and heā€™s worth looking up. His opinion on Cody? ā€œA fucking serious man, I love the hurlingā€

Ireland Abu!

13 Likes

Whereā€™s the Asahi love-in coming from? Lapsed poster chocolatemice was writing reviews on this stuff 10 years ago. Is it a new recipe?

1 Like

I dunno mate. Current poster @Juhniallio spent 4 years as the tfk asian correspondent in the late 2.0s so id say thatā€™s where it comes from for him.

Was he not more of a tsing tsao man?

He was an explorer mate. He tried them all. He did go to the qingdao beer festival alright, and got his picture taken with a sweaty, singing, psuedo sex dwarf, and had it as pride of place on his mantelpiece til his missus felt it was inappropriate and it went into storage. Any way. He loved asahi.

3 Likes

Someone in the drinks industry told me that itā€™s not Spanish at all and only brewed for the Irish and UK markets. Kinda put the pin in it, not as hipstery.

Iā€™ll stick with the Galacia so when fancying a Spanish beer.

1 Like

Cruzcampo is a lovely lager, most of the Spanish stuff is nice, I like Mahou when Iā€™m out there.

Madri is available on tap in loads of places now, I thought I was being hipster one night in Willie Sextons and that he had a rarity on tap, itā€™s grand to be honest, fairly inoffensive, comes in a nice glass :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to try get out more.

Al Hambre especial is a lovely beer ā€¦

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen that around either.

Not to be a kill joy but I was in Madrid two weeks ago and that stuff definitely isnā€™t available there

All the info on it is here:

The distributors address in Toledo Spain, about 50 miles from Madrid. Thereā€™s a bar there across from the depo, that you can get it.

Right so a collaboration with Coors rather than a widely available local beer.
God bless the marketing dept

1 Like

Itā€™s owned by Molson Coors, one of the largest beer manufacturers in the world. They produce Coors, Miller, Carling, Pilsner Urquell, Straropramen amongst many others.

Agree with your assessment, itā€™s fairly bland.

1 Like

@Copper_pipe and other cider aficionadosā€¦

Croninā€™s Cider.

Ridiculously good.

The French adore le piat dā€™or

1 Like

Fancy Carling is all it is. Their marketing department have played a blinder. Itā€™s everywhere in the UK and has been adopted by the ā€œfootball ladsā€ as their drink of choice.

He even has a alcohol free cider out now.
Heā€™s from west Limerick/North Kerry I think.

1 Like