I won't be able to drink to spread covid

The third pint at the back of the top pic looks a bit off.

4 Likes

September is a lovely time to be spinning around the southwest

I was on the Murphys. Couldnt find a pint of Beamish for love nor money which would have been the other fellas preference.

1 Like

Shocking - no excuses, airport or not. It’s not nuclear physics.

Yeah hadnt really done the Beara peninsula much. Glengariff was as far as we would have went in the past and even then it would have been renting a house for new years. Totally different this time of year. We spent a fair bit of time down in Allihies and we had the house in Eyeries. They are 2 very remote places but lovely little villages. They are well off the beaten track for any tourists. I can report the Dursey Island cable car is still out of commission and it is nearly impossible to get a fish and chips in Castletownbere mid week.

7 Likes

They love telling you that you are halfway to Dublin in Mitchelstown down that neck of the woods. Lovely part of the country. Did you go to Helen’s Bar in Killmackillogue, over the border in Kerry?

I may have used that line myself haha. Didnt venture over as far as Kilmackillogue but will make note of it for next time.

A couple of dingers there.

2 Likes

Not Nellie’s

Cc @balbec

3 Likes

When in Rome

2 Likes

Phil Carroll’s is a smashing old style pub. Great beer in there. We usually go to Eldons after which is meh but I know some of the people involved.

Haven’t been in Carey’s but on the to do list.

1 Like

Thanks. Cannot really recall ever having a pint in Clonmel. But I will be up there again.

Phil Carroll’s looks lovely from outside. Had lunch last Saturday across from it. Friends who live in Clonmel like Carey’s.

1 Like

You timed it well Mike.
Assuming you’re going somewhere where it’s not going to rain for the week. :+1:

The architecture looks superb there

The Trident in Kinsale. It’s awful looking alright.

Pints outside the local fas car park?

1 Like

Im in sunny beach kid. Its 24 degrees, pissing rain, thunder and lightning. But due to clear up tomorrow

1 Like

I was there before kid.

be wide of the money exchange places on the front.

By Jaysus

Guess the parlour

1 Like