I won't be able to drink to spread covid

It’s an awful kip, don’t go.

1 Like

G’way and shite, Bundoran is the finest. Paradise for a horny young lad this time of the year.
Dancing in the Allingham from about 4pm most days, multiples of porter shops, surfing, golf etc.,

1 Like

Ah stop, if he was asking about London you’d tell him to go to the Galtymore.

2 Likes

Thanks, Boxty.

Was not impressed by Redbreast 10yo. Limited edition, yes, and no need for it to be any way else…

First world whiskey problems, I know…

Well spotted.

€33.40, to be precise. Swooped because I knew, even at that rate, I was getting a bargain.

1 Like

I started drinking this stuff like it’s tap water. Grand tack.

:rofl: I’m not expecting Paris. Just a change of scenery a weekend that I don’t have a football game.
Heard that there’s C&W music thing in some spot but could not cheat on cowboys and heroes

Are the 2 oul dames still there in that lovely little place with the 1 Guinness tap? They must be 110 years old now

The two Miss Brennans - no sadly not, they had a good run at it but God called. Was an odd setup, they weren’t fit to cater for any bit of a crowd, wan washing glasses and t’other drying them and lads gasping. An odd visitor that knew the trade might stand in for 10/15 minutes and horse our a couple of rounds and by the time the oul’ pair had gathered the money the glasses needed washing again ….

Local opinion was that they’d balls of money, some legacy from another Druid in the USA that had escaped the attention of the forum’s foremost will beneficiary @KinvarasPassion …

8 Likes

:joy: must be a long time ago if they carried on like that and got away with it.
More so the handwashing of glasses then the bad service.
Ould fella worked in a pub in Dublin years ago and said he never fully learned to wash a glass til he got married- quick scrub and rinse and back on the shelf with it, no more than 5 seconds a glass.

20 years since I was in it anyway. Brendan Bowyer was playing in the Allingham the same night.

1 Like

I was in the Criterion twice. A wonderful spot. An awful pity someone could not have taken on the place.

Let me know if you’re stuck for accommodation pal - I might know a place

1 Like

Bargain price if Mrs @Spidey is involved

1 Like

got a decent deal but thanks for the gesture.
A pub or two recommendation is all I need but tbh they all seem to be along the one street, i could sample them all within the one night if I wanted

Fuck it

6 Likes

Kavanagh’s, Glasnevin.

12 Likes

A mighty spot.

1 Like

It’s Bundoran not Benidorm.

I have never seen a spot to sell so much Guinness exclusively.

1 Like