I won't be able to drink to spread covid

I’m old enough to have a modicum of restraint around that now thank fuck. Early days Juhy would have been drunk and asleep by 2pm then back up at 5pm to start afresh and be top up drunk by 7.

5 Likes

There was barely €100 in the difference between both. But you have to remember this is the last week of the season over here and they want to fill the resort. It’s very cheap over here but last time (even though we had the kids with us in fairness) , you were dipping in to your pocket for something or other every few minutes. They have a snack bar here which is included in the price . That’s where the advantage comes in when you have kids. Plus the liquor is included.
All in all it’s probably more advantageous if you’re bringing kids, but remember you will be kept to a relatively rigid menu option. But that being said, it will give you the option of being able to splash out one or two nights during the holiday rather than eating in. Timing is the key though. The same holiday in the same hotel was coming in at almost 700 notes more for a week in July/august

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the info.
And enjoy it kid, the winter will be bleak enough.

1 Like

I’d say go for it but pencil in pencil in a few nights to treat yourselves. You’d well afford it with the money you save on the rest

1 Like

Did all inclusive 2 years ago for the 1st time on the :golf: trip, you’ve no option really about 6 hotels on the sea and 2 golf courses in the middle of nowhere, it’s the business all the same everything covered, as you say the problem is restraining yourself from hitting the beer too early, non golfing days I’d wait until around 12:30 have a few, back to the pool or beach and then a few more before dinner.

1 Like

@Malarkey the dirty drunk would have his mickey out by 10am. Right hand over left ball.

2 Likes

16 Likes

I’m suppin all week. Top shelf is included as well which is really tempting but I restricting myself to a large night cap before bef

3 Likes

Had about a grand spending money heading over to Lanza in the Revolut holiday fund after the hotel, transfers and all that were paid. Came back with about 800. Our first all inclusive experience and did the absolute job.

3 Likes

Enjoy lad where did you say you went ?

Fellas earlier said all a pub needs is king taytos cheese and onion and salt and vinegar tayto. A proper pub should have bacon fries and scampi fries as well.

4 Likes

I’d say we left more at Dublin Airport than we’ve spent here (so far).
I also let the wife do bank manager for the week. Women are way better at that stuff

1 Like

Sunny beach

As the person who made the earlier statement, I retract it. These are always a good sign in a pub

You need to get a packet of each and mix em together

2 Likes

GLORIOUS

1 Like

Surf and turf.

7 Likes

All inclusive doesn’t suit everyone. I’ll list some of the negatives here just for pig iron. All places are different I suppose. This was Costa del Sol area.

We went around this time after the schools restarted. So there was very few kids or 30 somethings.

The obesity by the pool was off the charts. A real eye opener.

No kids, so quiet enough but you’d still have to queue for everything. I suppose they know how to gauge it queue wise.

Ice cream was extra. The local beers and wines and spirits were free but any bottled beers were extra, as were Irish spirits and well known foreign ones like the wife’s Bacardi. They had a local alternative but she didn’t like that.

Meals were all self service and they’d be a mad rush when the doors opened. You might be lucky to get a table to yourselves but mostly not.

The wife got sick of it after a few days and started hitting the beach and restaurants thereafter. We had the odd pizza in the afternoon in the pool bar after the rush. Other than that we were out.

It just wasn’t for us.

You also had to wear a bracelet all the time. It wasn’t really removable. There was talk about that if the waiters in the restaurants down the town spotted the bracelet you’d get bad service as the all inclusive was taking business from them. I didn’t really understand this but everybody hid their bracelet when they went out.

1 Like

A package of scampi is hard bet

Those buffet style all inclusives are sickening… Did it once on honeymoon and never again … Cunts be sitting there for hours atin their weight in food for a week… I was able to reign it in After a couple of days thankfully and kept meals real… We were miles from a town so were restricted to the hotel if having a hugh, but think we managed to get pizza delivered one night and drove the 35 minutes or so to Cadiz another

2 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t a prison camp you were in?

5 Likes