Ibrahim Halawa

There is only one fact that matters here.

Ibrahim Halawa, an Irishman, is 100% innocent.

Anything that tries to dispute that central fact is not credible.

I’m well acquainted with Mark Humphrys writing. Are you?

Remember Tom Cooney, the pro-Israel zealot who had to be thrown off the Vincent Browne Show for shouting?

Humphrys makes Cooney look like Una Mullally.

Nobody with any credibility takes him seriously or ever has done.

So you can’t point out one inaccuracy in all he wrote

I’ve no interest in engaging with an article which denies the central fact of the case. Nobody should.

You still haven’t answered my question about Khalid Kelly’s nationality.

Why are you still evading this?

Any article which disputes the central fact of a case is by definition invalid.

Am, no it isn’t, but you can’t disprove anything of what he wrote, so it would suit you to take this line. Why can’t snowflakes debate like adults?

Halawa is a dual citizen of Eqypt and Ireland. He chose to go to Egypt to attend and indeed speak at Muslim Brotherhood demonstrations. So he is by no means innocent, he is a supporter and enabler of Islamist hatred towards the west and a supporter of restoring a women hating ideology in Muslim majority countries.

Odd that you are defending someone who hates women and supports genital mutilation given your supposed support for women’s rights.

You are a truly conflicted oddball.

1 Like

I’m sure you can dig up an article disputing the innocence of the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four. There are enough fools out there who I’m sure would have written such articles.

You, or any of the other dullards here, or unable to deal with the central fact of the case - that Halawa, an Irishman, is innocent, and has rightly, if belatedly been freed.

You’re all absolutely seething at this because you wanted to see an Irish Muslim convicted to reaffirm your confirmation bias. So you resort to a blog post by a writer who nobody except idiots take seriously, to try and cast doubt over the facts.

It’s a well worn tactic of the reactionary far right. Don’t accept the facts, only accept things which suit your agenda.

Enjoy your sour grapes.

1 Like

Bumped for @Sidney

I don’t think you’ve been following the news, pal.

Presumably you were up in arms over the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four being found innocent too, or is it just innocent Muslims you want to see unjustly locked up?

1 Like

He was freed by Eqypt due to pressure brought on by the Irish government. The Muslim Brotherhood is an illegal organization in Egypt, so by definition advocating for the MB in Egypt makes him guilty. He is subject to their laws as 1) he claims Eqyptian citizenship, and 2) he chose to go there to demonstrate for the MB.

The Birmingham six and Guildfort four broke no laws and were not involved in any violence.
Inciting violence and supporting the MB is illegal in Eqypt, which is the reason he was locket up.
Pure deflection by you.

Are you a supporter / member of the Muslim Brotherhood?

The only deflection is yours.

So it’s just innocent Irish Muslims you want to see locked up in a foreign prison, not Irish Catholics, yes?

Am I a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood? Is that a serious question? Please debate in an adult way. :smile:

You have lost the plot entirely. Yet again.

There’s no such thing as an Irish Muslim.

Why do you hate women so much that you defend the Muslim Brotherhood and try and deflect to Irish politics?

If Halawa went to Eqypt and broke their laws he deserved to be locked up, just as any Irish person commiting crimes in the UK who was caught deserved to be locked up.Whether their cause in breaking the law was justified or not is another question.

Why are you so adamant in supporting the Muslim Bortherhood cause? They are not moderate Muslims and are actually the enemy of moderate Muslims.

Irish lefties defending the rights of the Muslim Brotherhood to act like savages is one the great sights on the internet.

4 Likes

Of course there is you nutcase. A Muslim is a follower of Islam. If you decided tomorrow to embrace the nonsense in the Quran and follow Mohammed, you would be an Irish Muslim.

Thanks to Mark Humphries

Ibrahim Halawa is not a tourist. He is Muslim Brotherhood royalty.
The Halawa four are Hussein Halawa’s son Ibrahim Halawa (spelt “Ebraheem” on his facebook) and daughters Omaima, Fatima and Somaia Halawa.
The Clonskeagh mosque in Ireland is a leading Muslim Brotherhood centre in Europe.
Its Imam is Hussein Halawa, father of the Halawas and the most senior Muslim Brotherhood figure in Ireland.
Hussein Halawa is General Secretary of the European Council for Fatwa and Research (ECFR), based at the Clonskeagh mosque. This is the main rule-making body for the Muslim Brotherhood.
The ECFR is headed by Hussein Halawa’s colleague Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, the religious leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, and one of the leading extremist clerics in the world. Al-Qaradawi is banned from entering the US, the UK and Ireland because of his support for violence and terror.
Yusuf Al-Qaradawi praises Hitler and the Holocaust.
The ECFR, based at Clonskeagh, says that gays and apostates should be executed.
The Muslim Brotherhood is a fascist, anti-semitic, far-right Islamist organisation. It supports sharia law and the suicide bombing of Jews. It is the origin of most of the Sunni Islamist and jihadist movements terrorising the world today. It is closely linked to the terrorist group Hamas, which is the Muslim Brotherhood in Gaza.

Timeline of events:
Ibrahim Halawa said he was involved in pro-MB protests from 28 June 2013.
Morsi was deposed on 3 July 2013.
Irish Times article (by Michael Jansen, 1 Dec 2014) said the Halawas in Egypt were at the pro-MB protests from 3 July 2013.
The above event in Ireland was after 26 July 2013 (see video within video) and before 30 July 2013 (date of upload).
The MB protests in Egypt were violently suppressed on 14 Aug 2013. The Halawas were arrested on 17 Aug 2013, a month and a half after they started protesting.

They are outraged that a 93 year old man in a wheelchair touched an adult woman’s bottom, but will defend to the death the right of Muslims to slice off their child’s clit.

2 Likes

The Halawa case

The Egyptian Revolution, 2011.
The new Islamist Egypt
Muslim Brotherhood takes over Egypt, 2012. A future of brutal sharia law looms.
The counter-revolution, 2013:
Muslim Brotherhood toppled, 2013.
Angry Muslim Brotherhood supporters protest, kill Christians and burn Christian churches.
The Halawas take part in the Muslim Brotherhood protests, June to Aug 2013. They speak on stage to vast crowds of Muslim Brotherhood supporters. They get injured in clashes with Egyptian security forces.
Violent crackdown on Muslim Brotherhood, Aug 2013. The Halawas are arrested.
The useless reporting starts in the Irish media: Four members of Irish family stranded in Egyptian mosque, Irish Independent, 17 Aug 2013.
An “Irish family”? Hapless Irish tourists stranded by the violence in Egypt? No. It turns out these are four adult children of the Muslim Brotherhood linked Imam of Clonskeagh, Hussein Halawa. They were in Cairo with the Muslim Brotherhood protesters, fighting to enslave Egypt under the sharia.
The Muslim Brotherhood is burning Christian churches all across Egypt in its anger at being deposed. Do the Halawas support the burning of Christian churches? The useless Irish media will never ask.
In fairness to the Irish Independent, the rest of the Irish media was just as useless:
Four Irish among hundreds trapped in Cairo mosque, Irish Times, 17 Aug 2013. Does not mention they are Muslim Brotherhood. No “story of why” here.
“Save my family from slaughter”, Sunday World, 18 Aug 2013. Does not mention they are Muslim Brotherhood.
“I fear my son will never see his CAO offers”, Evening Herald, 22 Aug 2013. Does not mention they are Muslim Brotherhood. Why do Irish journalists find young Halawa’s CAO offers interesting and his Muslim Brotherhood activism completely uninteresting?
David Vance (and here) smelled a rat, and asked for more information. I filled him in on the Muslim Brotherhood connection, and he responded, 22 Aug 2013: “Now, having established that the Halawas are ardent supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood, we now need to ask WHY the Irish media universally decided to not ask the simple question what they were doing in Cairo? We know the Irish media was quick to suggest that lack of Irish concern shown for the Halawas may be Irish racism, but yet the same journalists so quick to cast such a slur on their fellow Irish men and women were unable to deploy their intelligence and ask WHY was this Irish family in Cairo in the first place. It’s quite an indictment on the entire Irish MSM that they have wilfully closed their eyes to an important aspect of this story in an attempt to mislead the Irish public.”
The Cairo four, Mary Fitzgerald, 23 Aug 2013. Mary Fitzgerald writes the strangest articles. She lays out yet again the evidence that Clonskeagh is a Muslim Brotherhood mosque, and the Halawas’ father is the top Muslim Brotherhood guy in Ireland. But this comes at the end of the article. At the start of the article, she paints the siblings’ “political awakening” on “holiday” as due to the Arab Spring - rather than due to being in Ireland’s leading Muslim Brotherhood family.
Recall the same Mary Fitzgerald in 2006 said: “Many Muslim Brotherhood members I met recently in Cairo asked me if I knew Sheikh Halawa after hearing I was from Ireland.”
Irish Times article, 8 Aug 2015, quotes the Egyptian ambassador to Ireland as saying about the Halawas: “The whole family is part of the Muslim Brotherhood … Usually, the kids, they are born within this ideology. So they defend that ideology. If the father and mother believe in the ideology of the Muslim Brotherhood, automatically the kids believe in that.”