Idiot of the Month - September Preview

Brilliant stuff since Iā€™ve been out to get a sandwich and back. Itā€™s going pretty nuclear with a 3-way feud involving Farmer as the central character. Welcome back pal - I knew you couldnā€™t go a full month without getting into some scrape or other.

Stop being a tabloid journalist oversensationalising everything.

Can hardly get into a scrape with two people I have never met.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]This is work to me. And I had to think of a way to prove his conniving ways.

Have you ever emailed a married woman through the course of your work? Do you get permission to contact such women from their husbands first?![/quote]

To put it clearly for you.

I have never contacted a friends wife and discussed the matter in which you did. From the e-mails shown, it seemed as though you were conniving against him with his wife.

For a mate to do this is wrong.

Of course thats just my opinion, maybe other fellas would conspire behind a mates back with his wife, and its just me thats the odd one out, I dunno.

Oh sweet jesus christ.

Iā€™m off to find that poll I started about whoā€™s the easiest person to wind up. I think youā€™ve finally lost that tag farmer.

[quote=ā€œmyboyblueā€]To put it clearly for you.

I have never contacted a friends wife and discussed the matter in which you did. From the e-mails shown, it seemed as though you were conniving against him with his wife.

For a mate to do this is wrong.

Of course thats just my opinion, maybe other fellas would conspire behind a mates back with his wife, and its just me thats the odd one out, I dunno.[/quote]

I think youā€™re reading a little bit too much into something which amounts more or less to, ā€˜Here, log onto TFK and expose Rockoā€™s made up tales. Itā€™ll be funny to see him getting knocked down a peg or two after he set me up.ā€™ Not a very big deal all things considered.

Nah, you dont drag another mans missus into your own personal battle, just doesnt sit right with me. Like running and telling your mom/teacher on a lad back in the day.

Itā€™s hardly a battle. We were having a laugh trying to get the upper hand in the argument and your point about being a telltale is exactly why I went and did it. Given Rockingtonā€™s recently marriage (which we congratulated/commisserated with him about on here), I thought itā€™d be amusing if his missus logged on and wrapped his knuckles, while at the same time helping me win the day. Christ, apologies for offending your sensibilities!

Ah dont be getting upset Bandage, am just saying I wouldnt bring a lads missus into this sort of craic, which is all it is, a bit of craic. Iā€™m familiar with the wedding, and the banter, just didnt see why she needed to be brought into it. No harm done, shur she sounds like a sound aul divil.

I fucking love these threads.

Everyone fighting with everyone with the sensible folk just keeping their ground. Iā€™d be tempted usually to advise Farmer to step away from the thread but Pukey seems to be hoovering up the votes with his ridiculous attacks on the Leitrim man.

Personally, Iā€™m of the opinion that the biggest fall from grace this week was Bandage. He boasted to me while we were in Glasgow that heā€™d find some way to hang me well I found his ā€œsmoking gunā€ and I turned it back in the fuckerā€™s face. Whether heā€™ll win or not is a matter for speculation but itā€™s certainly a very real display of idiocy with proof to support it.

Anyway interesting points on the voting methodology.

• On the two tier Nice/Lisbon treaty thing I think we need to allow a little water under the bridge before we put that to the people again. I was in favour of the shortlist approach before last month but then we went and had an epic battle anyway. I think itā€™s too soon to vote on that again.
  • Iā€™d have more time for the private votes side of things. The main drawback originally to a private vote would be that it would dampen speculation on voting patterns etc. but that would be taken care of by the exit poll.

So I think we can have a poll on whether the vote should be private or public - any objections?

well given his height he does look down on a lot of people :wink:

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]I fucking love these threads.

Everyone fighting with everyone with the sensible folk just keeping their ground. Iā€™d be tempted usually to advise Farmer to step away from the thread but Pukey seems to be hoovering up the votes with his ridiculous attacks on the Leitrim man.

Personally, Iā€™m of the opinion that the biggest fall from grace this week was Bandage. He boasted to me while we were in Glasgow that heā€™d find some way to hang me well I found his ā€œsmoking gunā€ and I turned it back in the fuckerā€™s face. Whether heā€™ll win or not is a matter for speculation but itā€™s certainly a very real display of idiocy with proof to support it.

Anyway interesting points on the voting methodology.

• On the two tier Nice/Lisbon treaty thing I think we need to allow a little water under the bridge before we put that to the people again. I was in favour of the shortlist approach before last month but then we went and had an epic battle anyway. I think itā€™s too soon to vote on that again.
  • Iā€™d have more time for the private votes side of things. The main drawback originally to a private vote would be that it would dampen speculation on voting patterns etc. but that would be taken care of by the exit poll.

So I think we can have a poll on whether the vote should be private or public - any objections?[/quote]

Agree with all the above, with the clear exception of the paragraph about me (note, Iā€™m devising something else at the moment). Having voted on two-tier or not two-tier (I think that was the question) last month it makes sense to have a ā€˜cooling offā€™ period before we revisit it.

Private/Public vote is worth its own vote though so stick up a poll Rocko.

I think Iā€™ll open nominations over the weekend and leave them go until midnight on Tuesday, 30th. Then Iā€™ll immediately set up the voting thread and set it up to close exactly 3 days later. So people will be leaving pubs and nightclubs early on next Friday night to rush home to follow the voting result speculation, announcement and analysis.

Oh noā€¦

jeez puke- even a fellow muldoon is turning on you

well he does a good job impersonating oneā€¦not to mention the giant chip on his shoulderā€¦

This forum is always fantastic around IOTM time. People having swipes at each other which leads to idiotic comebacks from others. Marvellous.

And others stand back, watching the puppets danceā€¦

Going to have another pop at Foley for replying to some twat on Afr from here.

Fairly idiotic I must say.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Going to have another pop at Foley for replying to some twat on Afr from here.

Fairly idiotic I must say.[/quote]

That was hilarious. Then NCC totally mugged The Puke off after it too.

That was hilarious the other night. Was laughing out loud reading down through the thread.

ā€˜Iā€™ve just posted a witty response to Pukeā€™s last post on another forum. Itā€™s available to read on boards.ie.ā€™

ā€˜Post up a link to it then so.ā€™

Classic.