I'm going into town now

An excellent summation - gives a real sense of the vibe in town.

I’m on my way in now and my anticipation has been heightened by your evocative scene-setting

Have a good one chief :+1:

1 Like

Christmas in Cork

1 Like

Me. Now. On a bus, on my way to town. Not that excited really. Going in to a party for a woman i dont know. But still, its town on a saturday night!

10 Likes

The potential this announcement throws up is enormous. There’s the drinking V Covid, the doghouse thread, celeb spotting, rideable women, rip off Ireland - I could go on….
You’ll rack up nice post awards tomorrow to bate the band. Be Cavan lads pegging €50’s about like snuff at a wake. Enjoy. :pint: :pint: :pint:

12 Likes

Like a film noir :grinning:

7 Likes

Prescient as always.

3 Likes

Came across this website yesterday which may be of interest (and use) to anyone planning on using a bus to get into town (Dublin only)

Live feed of all the buses in Dublin. Helps with that “where the fuck is my bus at” feeling

https://bustimes.org/map#14/53.351/-6.273

3 Likes

By God. It’s like Flight Radar for buses.

Seems to work fine across the country as well.

1 Like

All I can take from that is that there are too many Dublin buses and we need to cut back on them.

You can search by bus route and then show all the buses on that route at the time. Handy.

You’d wonder why some IT lad at home can pull something like this together but its beyond the wit of Dublin Bus etc

I’m going into town at lunchtime. This is a major departure as we usually only go in to a show or summat, but it’s fat spotty wife’s birthday (she used get spotty when she was pregnant, and the name stuck) and herself, myself,my bro and his current life partner are going to somewhere called urst (sp??) In the northern quarter.
Before that I’m going out to alderley for coffee with my pal Aido and Matty.
I’ve just done the school run with hopper driving the yeti, during which, unfortunately, there was an incident outside my lass’ school with an Audi Q7 which resulted in me winding down the window and telling your man to go fuck himself. It’s not a big school. I’m in McDonalds feeling a little uneven after it.

8 Likes

Hope your day out improves Flatty.
Does it always rain in Manchester?

1 Like

An area with a population in the tens of thousands being served by 2 buses at this moment in time

There is a similar service available on bus eireann site for limerick city buses which we make good use of.

1 Like

I’m getting a somewhat queasy feeling about the rest of the day here pal. I can’t put my finger on it, it’s like going to Choom to play Galway in the championship, you’re bright and breezy but deep down you know the wheels are going to come off. You have a lot of plates spinning and a less than stellar record of surviving these kind of outings. Best of luck and birthday greetings to Spotty. You’re on for the :dart:

3 Likes

It’s lovely today. Felt a bit like it was raining on me there.
Getting cold and great now though.

To be fair Dublin Bus have had real time online information for each stop for years now and real time information at each stop for well over a decade, maybe two decades. This is a cool little app but it doesn’t really advance passenger information, just presents it in a more interesting way. I suppose it does tell you the exact type of bus that’s coming, which is pretty cool if you’re a bus spotter.

That’ll be the coffee kicking in…

Sure that doesn’t work at all. Buses disappear, time doesn’t come down in line with what it says etc etc.

The one in Limerick was based on what time the bus was supposed to come, not what time the bus was actually coming. Not sure what it is now, but it was completely pointless