I'm going into town now

@tiger knows about us mate

Nobody puts @Bandage in the corner

I went into town there earlier. Henry St - O’Connell St district. Wanted to get some books in Easons. Jaysus town was very quiet. You’d wonder if it will ever recover. If you didn’t count the crazies and the drifters there were very very few people there at all.

1 Like

I was in town there. Went in to bring back a pair of shoes and to buy a book in Easons. Easons was full of elderly hipsters buying Imelda Mays book as she was having a signing downstairs. I didn’t partake.

There is a Brother Hubbard in Arnotts now. At the Liffey St entrance. I had a flat white and a lemon brûlée bar. I got a brisket sandwich to take away for my lunch. All very nice.

6 Likes

I wonder did she say a few pomes while she was at it?

1 Like

I’m sure she did.

Sounds like they’ve sold out.

I’m having a day out shopping, after starting with gusto and in fine fettle enthusiasm has rapidly waned so we are heading for a pint.

They all do in the end, man.

How did you get on in there?

I’m off into town for a few messages shortly

A lovely day in town today. We touched down and got take away Coffees on Prince’s street I think it’s called. We did some pottering for kids clothes before deciding to stop for luncheon. I had a buttermilk fried chicken burger coated in Franks hot sauce on a brioche bun with blue cheese mayo and Iceberg Lettuce and some fried potatoes. We then ambled around town for another bit more, trying on a few adult pieces of clothing and what not. we circled back to the kids shops and got Peppa bed linen for the eldest then circled back to the shoe shop and got shoes for princess… On the way back to the car daddy finally got his reward and we stopped in for 3 pints of Guinness for me, a coffee for mom and a boob for the youngest.
A lovely day in around the real capital.

4 Likes

Hardly in a pub?

I wouldn’t bring my kids into a pub.

Im in a pub with my kid.

2 Likes

Thank god for that

I’m ringing the guards

About to head in shortly with some pals. No trains between Connolly and Grand Canal but we’ll find somewhere to watch Buick hose up in the 2:55 in Deauville, a bit of scran (maybe see what Brunker wears on a hot day in Hugo’s) and then somewhere for the Spurs Chelsea game where we can shout
‘Go on Harry son’ ‘Go on Son….eh son’

4 Likes

So, throw those curtains wide
One Day Like This a year would see me right
Throw those curtains wide
One Day Like This a year would see me right
One Day Like This a year would see me right, for life
One Day Like This a year would see me right for life

1 Like

I’m going to head into Dawson Street now. I’ll walk to the end of it and work bottom to top (Trinity College to St Stephen’s Green). I plan to work strictly in this order

1. Hodges Figgis - to get a book for my da (recommendations welcome)

2. Tower Records - to buy a record or two

3. Celtic Whiskey shop - for a bottle of tequila

I’ll make an exit at that juncture as I don’t feel like dilly dallying today. I won’t stop for a coffee or a pint as I don’t like to do so when I’m cluttered with shopping bags. It upsets my sense of calm.

5 Likes

My aul fella got great mileage out of the Old Ireland in colour books.

https://www.easons.com/old-ireland-in-colour-2-john-breslin-sarah-buckley-9781785374111?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwJWdBhCYARIsAJc4idDARcu7_qS5MkQ5pc3AiXcv32Fz0Mr2pI3gpN0Qfkg-WBWiTy3344caAh_fEALw_wcB