Im off to Leinster House in the Morning

Must have been a typo on my part, probably just me typing phonetically.

Sure the Co-Op wonā€™t be able to pay more for either the milk or the grain than the plc can. The only way 32c/l will come is if the world market sets the price as such. Iā€™d say the only way there will be a merger with Kerry is if it was for the Irish processing business +/- Agribusiness. Those Glanbia Directors are fierce proud of the Irish operations and wouldnā€™t take kindly to being a small part of Kerry. On the other hand Stan apparently said recently that he was looking to make an acquisition of a plc in a similar business in Q3 so if the Plc is left on its own it could be vulnerable
I think the first vote is May 10th with the second one on the 24th. Iā€™d be well surprised to hear 50K as the rent for the day, more like ā‚¬50

Agree with all of this, fairly decent analysis of the situation

[quote=ā€œW.B. Yeats, post: 460656ā€]
Sure the Co-Op wonā€™t be able to pay more for either the milk or the grain than the plc can. The only way 32c/l will come is if the world market sets the price as such. Iā€™d say the only way there will be a merger with Kerry is if it was for the Irish processing business +/- Agribusiness. Those Glanbia Directors are fierce proud of the Irish operations and wouldnā€™t take kindly to being a small part of Kerry. On the other hand Stan apparently said recently that he was looking to make an acquisition of a plc in a similar business in Q3 so if the Plc is left on its own it could be vulnerable
I think the first vote is May 10th with the second one on the 24th. Iā€™d be well surprised to hear 50K as the rent for the day, more like ā‚¬50
[/quote]

I have it from the horses mouth that Glanbia are paying ā‚¬50k for the use of Kildaltons facilities for the vote,a marquee the size of a hurling field has already been erected at Kildalton ahead of the vote,it was chosen ahead of other venues due to its extensive parking facilities apparently.

Any trip report for us Link?

heā€™s still drinking pints that cunt Liam Aylward is getting him off his pension money.

Im happy to report that the trip went off brilliantly after,a great day was had by the majority,the minority being seven or eight oul wans who had made the misfortunate decision to come along on the bus.

Around 24 of us consisting of seven or so Thirty somethings,ten or so mid 50s-mid 60s fellas and seven or eight old dears who were coming along for a nice day out set off from outside the spots at 11am and didnt stop again until we reached The Red Cow Hotel.We were there from 12.30 till 2.15 during which time the menfolk consumed some bar food and around 6 pints each,we were a little later than scheduled getting back onto the bus and the ladies reported that they had been sitting on it for half an hour waitin for us,we told them not to worry about it there was no hurry on us.We hit Leinster House at around 3pm and after some fairly minimal security checks they let us in.We spent around 40 minutes in the public gallery watching some fairly standard debating over the banks between Lenihan,Burton and R Bruton,other than them there was only Keiran O Donnell,Ulick Burke,Arthur Morgan and a few more in the house,the corridors outside were alive with tds and senators chatting in groups i discovered later.We were taken on a short tour by Bobby Aylward who informed us that due to staff shortages there was no usher available to take us so he was doing the needful,these ushers are getting money for fucking jam,its the handiest number of all time as far as i could see.

After a short look around and spending a few minutes in the Seanad where there was only a couple of people sitting and Ivana Bacik was banging on about insurance or something we hit for the Dail Bar,its split into two sections with the Visitors only allowed into half the bar,the other half is for TDs and Senators only,most of the deputies seemed to frequent the main bar for thier beers Yesterday so im assuming thats te story on most days.GV Wright was sitting at the COunter for the entire 3 hours we were there skulling half ones in the company of that Garda Commisioner Martin Donnellen,i think hes retired now.Bobby Aylward looked after us well with free pints being the order of the day,Sean Connick,a fully fledged alright sort in my book stood us a round aswell and spent around 20 minutes having a chat with us about New Ross,farming etc,etc,he knows a few of our group fairly well.Barry Andrews was there for a while with 5 or 6 student looking young people who got one beer off him before he fucked off,he looks like Tubridy up close.Brendan Howlin and his secretery were entertaining three foreign people whilst John Maloney had a gaggle of oul wans in his company and he was loading them up with tea and soft talk.Bobby was really coming up with the goods for us and made a big effort to get as many FF ministers as he could lay his hands on to come and have a chat,Batt O Keeffe spent a fair while in our company and came across as an alright sort eneogh too bt didnt stand us a round at the same time.There was huge surprise and much amusement when John Paul Phelan came up with a round however,fair play to him considering heā€™ll struggle to ever get anything back for it.

About 8 free rounds and around 3 bought ones later we were gettin fairly well on and the women were sick to the teeth of us so we headed away reluctantly at around 7.30pm,one of the oul lads picked a few flowers on the way out and was threatened with arrest for doing so,other than that we got into no bother until we stopped at the Citywest Hotel for a bit of dinner after having to abandon the original plan to stop at the Lord Bagenal due to the lateness of the hour,the women werent a bit happy about this at all and it got worse when they were served shit food in the Citywest,the cunts behind the bar then refused to serve two of our older fellas reckoning them to be too drunk,we sipped away there until 10.30pm or so but all in all its a cunt of a spot.We were back in the Spots for 11.40pm and had a few there before slipping home.

All in all it was an enjoyable day out but spending time in Leinster House would only serve to heighten a mans worries for the future of this Country,the place is a fat cats paradise,cunts standing around chatting about fuck all and spending day after day eating and drinking to thier hearts content at the expense of the taxpayer,not one politicion i met Yesterday gave me any impression of having a worry in the world on any front,they are in the clover and they know it the cunts.

8 Likes

Cracking report Link.

Iā€™d say ye were fine and messy by the time ye arrived at the Citywest.

We werent greatā€¦

Fact. Link, John Bryan might convince you of this but it is far from the case. The money is not out there globally for milk so no matter who is on control it wont make a blind bit of difference. The vote is not the penalty kick either, plenty of negative pockets in east cork, west waterford and wexico. They need 75% also, which aint simple. Society members vote on May 10th and Milk suppliers on the 24th, the first one is the tricky one, and there are plenty of members, no longer in Dairy and a 54.6% share in an international food comapany is worth more that hoop dreams about milk prices.

Idealistically, if it goes through there would be a consolidation of Irish milk pool and better utilisation of production capacity, but the reality and the parochial nature of creameries make this a pretty optimistic goal. As I say though win for the plcā€¦ A keery merger is extremely unlikely, in the short term Glanbia plc will most likely continue with Interantional Nuitritionals acquisitions, and long term will proabbly be bought by a major food company, Arla, Kraft, Conagra etcā€¦

[quote=ā€œTHE LINK WALSH, post: 460661ā€]
Im happy to report that the trip went off brilliantly after,a great day was had ā€¦[/quote]

Sound like a cracker.

The drive home from the spots must have been hairy enough.

[quote=ā€œTHE LINK WALSH, post: 460661ā€]
Im happy to report that the trip went off brilliantly [/quote]

super report link. often went for the spuds in there as i lived with a son of a minister for a while. all free of course. grand bit of steak in there from what i remember.
found that the senators seemed to be the best craic, always fronting up with pints, thinking that you could single handely convince the entire student body of whatever university you were in to vote for himā€¦ thereā€™d be great craic promising votes as the small ones came out

What a fucking outstanding day out that sounds like. :clap:

Link, you can chalk my name down for a spot on the bus for the next trip whenever it is.

Fair play Link
Excellent reportage
Sounds like a top day had by all
My cousins husband is an usher in there and it seems like a grand spot altogether.

Donā€™t underestimate the natural cunning of the Irish farmer. The silent majority may not be endorsing the deal out loud but they understand that the Co-Op/plc model is a busted flush. You donā€™t go to the divorce courts and come out holding hands.
Any consolidation of processing in Ireland will be on Glanbiaā€™s terms- plc or Co-Op. They will call the tune. THe plc are potentially vulnerable though in the short term unless they have articulated a decent plan to the markets. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if once they right down some debt that they are in the market again for a 100-200m acquisition.

Fair play for driving home in that state without killing anybody Link.

I was in the Dail myself one evening about a year and a half ago. Alan Dukes sat down a couple of seats down from me in the public gallery. Again there were very few people in the chamber, about ten maybe. John Oā€™Mahony was one, Mary Harney was on the Government side.

David Davin Power from RTE staggered into the chamber with a gormless look on his face from one of the doors behind the Ceann Comhairle and stayed about six seconds before pissing off again. Saw him later in the bar downing knocking back shorts. Saw Conor Lenihan as well who was definitely pissed - staggered out to the lobby behind the front and plonked himself on a bench, looked fit to pass out.

Terrific report Link. Good to see that being surrounded by such mediocrity for the day didnā€™t rub off on you :clap:

big fuckin deal- you drove from kilkenny to dublin without stopping- why is that in anyway noteworthy you inbred sister raping hick ? pig farmers must be as thick as fuckin shit is this is the kind of shit they rattle on about

Great report particularly the last paragraph. Was in the Dail myself one time on a school tour many moons ago. Remember some debate about the Donegal potato farmers.

They must do some boozing tho TDā€™s. It seems a pretty unhealthy lifestyle.