In The Courts

Someone was protecting him surely?

Given the history of protecting paedos by certain types you’d have to wonder that alright

Known for a long time he was a wrong 'un apparently. I’d a post about it at time he was arrested

1 Like

Aaron Brady - Capital Murder
Eugene Hanratty - Serious Assault
Danny O’Callaghan - Armed Robbery
Thomas McKenna - Sexual Assault

Its quite a list of current prison inmates for Crossmaglen Rangers.

2 Likes

Joint Statement on behalf of the GAA and Crossmaglen Rangers
Friday 21 April 2023
The GAA together with Crossmaglen Rangers thank Ms Justice Smyth for today’s sentencing of Mr. Thomas McKenna after what has been a trying four and a half years for the victims, their families, our club and the wider Crossmaglen community since his arrest.

“Crossmaglen Rangers and GAA President Larry McCarthy wish to state that this conviction was only possible because of the courage and determination of those individuals who reported their concerns and sought assistance. Your actions have made our club and community safer and for this, we owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

“As a club and as an Association, our hearts were broken when we learned about the horrific abuse suffered by children and young people within our community. We are extremely saddened that one of our members used his many positions of trust, within our community to cause serious harm.

“To the victims; we are deeply sorry. Your journey has been a difficult one and your strength to stay the course and see this case through to its legal conclusion is testament to your character and recognition of the support received. To your parents and families, we are sorry and we thank you for your unwavering support. We recognise that your lives have been severely impacted when you too learned about the abuse of a loved one.

“We wish to assure you that the GAA will continue to support you and your families on an ongoing basis.

“We would like to acknowledge the professionalism, compassion and sensitivity shown by statutory agencies including the Police Service of Northern Ireland, Social Services and the Public Prosecution Service. We thank them for their support over the past four and a half years. The impact of this cooperation has been far reaching and will have a lasting legacy in our community.”

The GAA prides itself on how our current robust Child Safeguarding guidance and practices, developed in accordance with legislative requirements and Association rules, are implemented.

An independent review of this case has been commissioned by the GAA, and while we await the outcomes, the Association and our constituent units shall implement the recommendations that emerge following the review process.

Should any person wish to make contact with the review team they may do so at review.cmr@gmail.com.

We urge anyone else who has been abused by Mr McKenna to contact the Police on 101, in an emergency call 999. Anyone who is affected by this event may avail of services provided by NSPCC (0808 800 5000), Nexus on (028 90326803 or 02871 260566) or Lifeline. 0808 808 8000 for support.

We respectfully request that the victims and their families now be granted privacy, time and space to recover.

He got away with it precisely because of the part of the country he was in, with its “characters”.

“South Armagh Sniper” and “Bandit Country” take on an entirely different context here.

IRA stood for “I raped away”.

16 years (out in 8) is a fcuking jokeshop. I hope he has a traumatic time in there. He should have been given 40 years imho (out in 20)

I wonder what kind of protection this prick will have now inside in prison.

His mates will probably protect him like they did when he was out and about

No means no lads

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2023/0426/1379328-courts-rape/

He should have been born a ballymaloe Allen.

Eoghan Harris in the courts

1 Like

Remy farrell sc for harris. Clearly not short of a few quid

1 Like

Looks like they are both suing each other?
Assume will be costly for all concerned

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2023/0503/1380571-central-criminal-court/

1 Like

A preliminary skim through this indicates a long saga of animalistic behaviour with children.
This will not make for pretty reading over the next few weeks.

Utter gobshite

Egos lose
Lawyers win

Thought that was before the courts already and dealt with accordingly?
Pls tell me that this isn’t another one?

I presume this is the Munster trial? Sick fucking cunts