100euro he doesnt line out with the local hurling team

3 Likes

Fucking wrong wrong wrong. Chancer

2 Likes

I must have passed up on a few hundred k over the years

5 Likes

I hope these folk have no luck

1 Like

I’d disagree. 40 grand seems high but if the girl was damaged by a band that was incorrectly finished, then she was entitled to claim to have the scar fixed.

1 You can’t get a scar fixed,improved maybe,but not fixed.
2 if you could, 300 should cover it.
40000 is obscene.
End of bands on hurls this is. Looks very vague in any case. What does "untaped"mean anyways?? No mention of a band or otherwise.
40000 is the kind of award you expect from a legal system so bloated from the teat that it has lost sight of any normal financial environment.

Is the rule on bands different for camogie?
Yes 40k is excessive
Surely plastics can fix a scar?
Tbh if bands were to disappear I’m not sure it would be a bad thing. All things considered, they’re a bit strange in the modern game, especially in camogie at CNMB level

I heard there may be a new technology that can eliminate scars, apparently by ‘melting’ the skin and smoothing it over. Have you heard of this? Myself im sceptical as i fail to understand how this can be done without makimg it look worse. My source is a pub conversation about a scar i have on my face, hidden by a scraggly beard

You can’t but my head looks grand after getting a hockey ball to ir

It’s still ridiculous. The box has opened

1 Like

You can try to improve one, you can’t “fix” one. The vast vast majority of scars fade with time in any case.

1 Like

In Camogie bands are discouraged but it allows bands provided they are taped over. Hurleys are inspected prior to the game by the ref, like soccer style for studs and pads.

1 Like

Wanna see my scalp
And one shin :see_no_evil:

I’ve a 5 inch one
Shape of a boss,still prominent after 40 years
Forehead diwn to above ear
Took me 2 years to get the cunt back

3 Likes

Informative rating. Explains the ruling. Ref didn’t make an obvious inspection of the sticks?

1 Like

:smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Possibly. Hence negligence. Nothing to stop a faulty hurley been swapped in after inspection though, which wouldn’t be checked. Unlikely being CNmS level.
Jewellery and piercings are another minefield for Camogie and LGFA. They are not permitted during play but there is flagrant disregard for the rules. Maybe it has improved but it was a problem.

2 Likes

There you have it so. They were entitled to sue sadly

Ahhh it’s just greed, gouging, compo culture rearing its head day n daily.

1 Like