In The Courts

Another suspended sentence for sexual assault.

https://x.com/courtsnewsirl/status/1746944467548921980?s=61&t=ywRfELeDxVX6PcFItqXOXw

We can complain all we want about suspended sentences, but if the electorate don’t accept that we need to fund another couple of big prisons instead of looking for tax cuts…it isn’t going to change.

1 Like

Directed to leave…is this not a case where they could actually deport someone.

The usual comments, but this stood out

Cuz had a bar in Abbeyfeale
Elderly parents died
Started boozing in bar
Sick bucket in sitiu

Bruree bound,
Uncle minded it for him for a few years,
Went back never drank again,
I called in yearrrrssss ago-
He looked like a ham facing the hangman,
But fair fucks stayed away from it

1 Like

There was a pub at home owned and run by an old schoolteacher of mine. She’d be spending her time getting the locals drunk and her husband spending his time taking the drunks to AA. Comedy material.

1 Like

Did anyone else read this as a poem?

10 Likes

Old Ireland

:ireland:
One other way - outpost bar
Bishopstown
30 odd years ago used lash out the Byrnes sausages n rashers
Laced in salt ( doused)

Great snaky move-
Crave more stout
Hang on for an extra few pints
( as the grub on Friday afternoon was staggered)
Guilt trip if u left too early :blush:

And the main objective/
Spread tbe good news

2 Likes

carkie haiku

2 Likes

It doesn’t rhyme!

haiku dont rhyme

1 Like

Like his suit

:blush::blush::blush:

Satchwell’s murdering partner up in court again today and put back another month. What’s the delay, cunt caught rotten surely?

1 Like

AGS again

He’s not pleading. Murder file takes a bit of putting together before you get DPP directions, which is what they’re waiting on

2 Likes

He may as well role the dice. If he pleads guilty it’s life. If after a trial he is found guilty it’s life. I don’t think there is any sliding scale of a sentence if he was to admit guilt and save people a trial and her family having to go through a trial .

That was the case with the Puska/Aisling Murphy trial as well, leads to some daft half-arsed defences being fought I suppose

2 Likes

Half hearted too, but the judge can torpedo the career of a barrister if it’s too obvious he/she isn’t trying a leg.

1 Like

The barister can only present a defence based on what the defendant gives them.
In that particular case the barister had to create a defence around Puskas insistence that he was helping the victim. No matter how unlikely it was, that’s what he had to do?