Inexplicably successful Irish people

Like him

You find Tommy Cooper funny mate, taste is inexplicable.

:roll_eyes:

Tommy C was awful

Nah. Cooper was one of those rare comedians that people laughed just looking at him. He was just funny in his bones. I watch old videos of him and they still stand the test of time I reckon

1 Like

I could take small doses only,now laurel and hardy,Harold Lloyd,etc great,love Billy Connolly, bridge’s and that ilk,but each to his own

The fact millions of people laugh at Mrs Brown is inexplicable

1 Like

Not really. It’s smartly written in terms of its comedy devices and is universal in its appeal because it’s so simple. They also mix physical comedy and visuals in very well. Its been translated into a tonne of different language because anyone can find it funny. I’m not mad about some of it and think the gags are sometimes signposted but it’s very very good at what it is.

Millions of tans- I think they use it as an antidote to eastenders

1 Like

Aren’t most of the gags lifted from other comedy/tv shows and old well known jokes and yet the cunts still lap it up.

1 Like

roasters hate Brendan O’Carroll as he is hugely successful and is loaded, it drives them demented

2 Likes

You’d already know the punch line for most of the jokes

Most comedy has been done before. You still have to put your own slant on it and play all the gags right. That fact that this is a hit all over the world shows how good it is imo.

1 Like

Oirish begrudgery at its worst.

2 Likes

most roasters like parochial comedy such as the two johnnys and the lads with the bags on the their heads and begrudge the global appeal of Brendan

2 Likes

he has recognised there is market there and successfully exploited it

1 Like

Viewing figures tell their own story.

1 Like

Haven’t we’ve had enough of that malarkey. Don’t ruin another day…

2 Likes

popular all over the world

Lads lads. Come on now.