Injuries

Seeing that we are talking about injuries hereā€™s Ankle Injuries by Fujiya & Miyagi

[media=youtube]N5XVeENmLMk&feature=related

No but they led to me moving to goals mac:Dā€¦

Nothing worse in an argument than calling the other person a bully Dan. Iā€™d rather be a bully than a victim.

Quality probing from Farmer, Dan couldnā€™t react quick enough.

Whatever about injuries lads the sorest and most painful thing I ever had to endure was a dose of the mumps in my late teensā€¦Absolute agony for about 5 days were I bearly slept and ate in that time along with my neck and jaw swelling up like the elephant man and just in constant painā€¦Felt the after effects of it for about 4 or 5 months after it, I would be in bed most nights at around 9.30 absolutely wrecked and had little or no energyā€¦I wouldnā€™t wish it on my worst enemy

[quote=ā€œtherock67ā€]Nothing worse in an argument than calling the other person a bully Dan. Iā€™d rather be a bully than a victim.

Quality probing from Farmer, Dan couldnā€™t react quick enough.[/quote]

Thats a good point Rocko that I will note for future jousts. This will run and run

Well done Carter. You would be a great man to have after an emergency.

Anyway - donā€™t flatter yourself. You are quite irrelvant to me.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Well done Carter. You would be a great man to have after an emergency.

Anyway - donā€™t flatter yourself. You are quite irrelvant to me.[/quote]

you seem to be trailing around the site after me making smart jibes all the same.

http://www.artie.com/99gif/arg-fish-story.gif

Hardly.

I think my only response to you has been on this thread but donā€™t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Now go away.

Quality ā€œput-downismā€.

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]Something similar happened me Ice Skating on a school tour in Italy 6 years agoā€¦Ended up tearing the medial ligaments was out for about 8 or 9 weeks with itā€¦The year after I did the same thing in my other knee playing a hurling matchā€¦Have broken 2 bones in my right hand and torn ligaments in my ankle also but the most frustrating injury I ever had was a pulled hamstring, it wasnā€™t right for 2 years afterwards, constantly stiffening and would always give me trouble the day after a hard matchā€¦

Also had a huge amount of small knocks and niggles and I actually cannot remember the last time I woke up the morning after playing a full match that I wasnā€™t stiff or sore in some way shape or form[/quote]

Whats the best thing for getting over the hamstring pukey?? mine is pretty knackeredā€¦ iā€™ve tried resting it but played indoor there earlier and its fucked againā€¦ it seems grand after some rest but goes once i do any form of running.

stretches
http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/flexibilityexercises/a/hamstingstretch.htm

acapuncture sorted mine anyways, a load of hammy injuries tend to be back problems really

Is the acuapuncture any good dan?..

CM stetching is the key, good warm up and down, also icing it if it is stiff after a match/run around and rest it when it is at youā€¦Got a different physio about 2 years and the difference is huge, I have bearly had a moments trouble with the knees and hamstring sinceā€¦Gave me a proper warm up routine and also some exercises to strengthen certain muscles to take some of the pressure off my kneesā€¦A good physio is worth its weight in gold

I pulled both my groins at the same time once, was agony, but I went to an orthopath (sp.), he diagnosised the problem being with my back and my pelvis being out of allignment, readjusted my back and he told me to drink more water, relatively ok since. He also told me that if it wasnā€™t for astro turf/indoor that he wouldnā€™t have half the business, he said the amount of lads that do nothing for a week, then go run around for an hour with no warm up or warm down is a joke

Broken wrist 13 years ago. Was playing indoor soccer, filling in for the stars who were unavailable that night. Was doing my turn in goal when some guy took a rocket of a shot on me point blank from the angle. I didnā€™t get my hands properly behind it and it pushed my right hand back. I felt the shock of the crack running up along my arm to my elbow and back down again. Very painful. Hadnā€™t ever broken a bone so didnā€™t know if it was broken or not, though suspected the worst. There wasnā€™t anything sticking out like but it was painful. Afterwards in the changing room the token rugby player in the team (no offence Dan) took a look at it and said ā€œno, itā€™s not broken, Iā€™ve seen broken wrists before and if it was broken you would know all about itā€. Grand so, we went off and drank 4 or 5 pints and the hand seemed to get better and better. Woke up around 4am in absolute agony. Never realised how strong a painkiller alcohol is. Went for an X Ray and saw a nice big jagged W shaped crack across the wrist. Was in plaster for six weeks.

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]Is the acuapuncture any good dan?..

CM stetching is the key, good warm up and down, also icing it if it is stiff after a match/run around and rest it when it is at youā€¦Got a different physio about 2 years and the difference is huge, I have bearly had a moments trouble with the knees and hamstring sinceā€¦Gave me a proper warm up routine and also some exercises to strengthen certain muscles to take some of the pressure off my kneesā€¦A good physio is worth its weight in gold[/quote]

Recommend anywhere for the physio? Iā€™ve been to Abbey Physio a few times found it ok and used to go to Phylis Dolans place in castletroy that was quiet good, but itā€™s hasslesome for me to be getting out there nowadays.

The lad I go to is only qualified a couple of years but is very good , is based in O Briens Bridge, used to play for the soccer club, was involved with the clare hurlers this year and a good few other GAA clubsā€¦Think he was involved with St Pats as I met a few of their players one evening when I was getting treatmentā€¦

Theres a fella inside in Limerick city called Ger Hartmann, hes supposed to be very good :smiley:

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]Is the acuapuncture any good dan?..

[/quote]

thought it worked for me alright Puke, my physio wasnt as convinced surprise surprise. Reckoned the hard yards had been done and the acapuncture was just lucky co incendence