Injuries

10 years or more back for Ed Case

Ed case he was a gas man. That time had a homeless girl living in the room with him. I wonder what ever happened him. I wonder did he ever post here?

1 Like

Unreal :joy:

Hard ground has the hip fucked again.

I feel your pain. A dry week or two and thatā€™ll be my knees fucked for the summer again.

The worst time of year because the ground is rough enough after the wet weather then dries in a shot leaving it slightly uneven and rock hard divets.

How serious is gradually intensifying pain in your elbow?

First noticed it about a month ago doing barbell rows. Feeling it pretty much every time I clench my fist now.

Use thumb of other hand to massage trigger points of pronator terres

1 Like

Is that a fancy way of telling him shove his thumb up his hole

1 Like

I donā€™t know where the trigger points are unfortunately. Can you provide any illustration?

I wonder if I need to drop the over/under deadlift grip? Itā€™s the under-side elbow thatā€™s the problem. Might be time to get straps.

@caoimhaoin @ChocolateMice @glasagusban Any advice on this front?

I had this before but not as badā€¦simple answer, restā€¦ I got some massage/mobility work on it for free as a chap I know was training for sports massage at the timeā€¦ Get the inflammation down and do some foam rolling with a tennis ball on a deskā€¦get all round the elbow, up to shoulder and down to wristā€¦ General arm/shoulder mobility exercises too. Mine was low end, around 3/10 on the pain scale so I recovered in no timeā€¦

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S_93yIKub98

1 Like

Sounds like Tennis Elbow mate, had it myself a couple of years ago. Doctor got me a Tennis Elbow strap (which you can get at a Chemist or decent sports store) which solved the problem in a few weeks. I wore mine pretty much constantly for about 4 weeks and itā€™s been fine since.

1 Like

Have you done alot of work that involves gripping?

Our forearms are unbelievably weak these days yet we can get ourselves to decent levels of Movement strength (like deadlifting or whatever) and remain weak there. Working on some specific grip strength would be my first port of call. Some eccentric bicep work may also be in order. Its generally above and/or below the issues are. So some assistence work is needed.
Many programs come from powerlifting, bodybuilding etc but are shaced down for time. Some specific work though is needes after a while. Both for progression sake and for something like you are experiencing.
If exercise does not work then head to a physio for diagnosis and an acupuncturist for an intervention in correlation with physio work.

Did he give you a matching eye patch and elbow strap pack?

1 Like

Have you been doing a lot of wanking, @Watch_The_Break?

Yes but itā€™s my left arm thatā€™s the problem.

2 Likes

Anyone ever have a tibial plateau fracture? Know someone who did this in a match over the weekend. Whatā€™s the recovery time like

Anyone got any advice (bar rest) for what to do when you have a niggle with your heel?

Have to run at weekend, and just trying to reduce the pain. Will be resting and icing most of this week.