Injuries

Too true

1 Like

Sports hernia.

So youā€™re 5ā€™ 5ā€™ā€™. Have you tried putting your thumb up your hole? Other than that drink the poitin.

1 Like

Not too much. If you fall into bed half drunk and sleep on it funny, youā€™ll be back to square one. Like I said the first few days are the worst, then a couple of weeks sleeping on one side. Then it starts getting better.

1 Like

Lads had surgery on my knee two weeks ago trying to prolong a knee replacement.was in for a follow-up today and Iā€™m in in April unfortunately for a replacement (surgery didnā€™t work).lads have any of ye here had on and how did it go, recovery etcā€¦

yes.

You and your ilk have replaced a few knees. Different thing.

1 Like

Ye are a great fucking helpā€¦

The closest he got to a kneecapping was when he skint his knee being ran out of an orchard as a chap.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s shit boss. A full replacement? What age are you and what happened?

@myboyblue has the name of a fella in myshall that could take a look by the wayā€¦

1 Like

Heā€™s a wanker but Iā€™d rather they didnā€™t send some of their best men down to rob his apples

Didnā€™t someone on here have a magic knee doctor?

I think @Fagan_ODowd is the Steve Austin of the forum Possibly @Fitzy too.

My father in law had his done back in September but heā€™s in his 70s so probably not much of a guide for recovery etc. Anything specific I can ask him for you?

1 Like

A colleague of mine in his 50s had his done one winter and he was back golfing that summer

1 Like

Thatā€™s what he wants to hear. A pal of mine had one done in early 1995 and he was back playing golf and Everton went on to win the FA cup that year.

2 Likes

Yer man said the recuperation was an absolute nightmare mind.

Iā€™m 41,had reconstruction about 8 years ago to prolong the knee as I was too young really.was a big surgery at the time.got a few good years out of it tbf.
Ah everything is fucked up now tho as this latest thing didnā€™t work outā€¦Iā€™ve to change a lot,work etc and going to be laid up is a cunt especially when Iā€™ve a new nipper on the wayā€¦ meeting a lad tomorrow whoā€™s had it done recently but heā€™s 60ā€¦

I had it done palā€¦ Doctor told me Iā€™d never play basketball againā€¦ I told him I didnā€™t mind as Iā€™d never played it in my life anyway.

3 Likes