Insomnia

Any tips on how to get rid? Last two Sunday nights I havent slept a wink and I’m wrecked to fuck today. It might be linked to staying out til five on Sunday morning but I get it occassionally anyway and its headwrecking. Any of ye take sleeping tablets?

I didn’t sleep until about 3 or 4 last night and then awake at 7:30.

Exercise is what I recommend. If I can get myself out to run a few miles I usually sleep fairly soundly. Took sleeping tablets just once in my life. Slept well the night but I closed my eyes for about 2 seconds the following afternoon, didn’t even really feel tired or sleepy, and slept 4 hours. Out for the count. Wouldn’t like that to happen on the bus or something. :rolleyes:

I always find it’s linked to sleeping late on Sunday afternoon, like until around 2 or 3pm or whatever. You can’t go asleep that quick again if you get up that late. Also try to cut out snoozing on the couch during the day because that’s just giving your body sleep that it wouldn’t otherwise get until Sunday night. It’s difficult to cut out snoozing when there’s a cup semi-final like yesterday’s on though.

1 Like

Watch some more Aston Villa. Should put you right to sleep.

1 Like

Suffer from Insomnia really badly myself. I’ve basically worked an evening or a night shift for the last ten years and it has completely destroyed my sleep pattern. I finish work just after 2am these nights and normally head to bed at 5am. Usually I am still awake until 8am ish and even then when I sleep, it’s not continuous as in I’d wake every hour anyway. This normally results in me being completely boloxed every day when I have to get up.
It’s really annoying at weekends as to get up early means I’d normally only have had 2hours sleep at most.
Went to the doctor years ago and got sleeping tablets. Did nothing at all for me. I even took twice the required dosage and still didn’t work.
Went to the health shop for other gear and still no joy I just can’t seem to break the cycle at all. It’s awful sickening to say the least.

I had a disturbing dream last night that a well known racehorse trainer was now working as a taxi driver in Limerick and was dropping me out to Shannon Airport.

I had a minor dose of it 2/3 years ago. I think often times it’s to do with uneven sleeping patterns. Stress can also be a cause. I’d recommend a regular sleeping pattern (I know this isn’t easy if you’re working nights and going out at the weekend can also be a disturbance). Exercise is also a good piece of advice.

This I find helps me sleep loads-

Cure for Insomnia

[quote=“Pikeman”]This I find helps me sleep loads-

Cure for Insomnia[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Or this:

http://www.anfearrua.com/

Or this:

http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/group.php?groupid=7

They make one mean cup of coffee

I think KIB is getting the Fear/DTs mixed up with Insomnia

isnt there an evolutionary theory that the reason men fall asleep after sex is that its from stone age times so that after sex the man would stay with the women & bond.

so get a bird & ride her

1 Like

Lot to be said for getting a full nights sleep.

Didn’t get a wink last night because Mac said he didn’t like me.:smiley:

1 Like

[quote=“north county corncrake”]isnt there an evolutionary theory that the reason men fall asleep after sex is that its from stone age times so that after sex the man would stay with the women & bond.

so get a bird & ride her[/QUOTE]

Bought that ticket a long time ago. It works sometimes

[quote=“Pikeman”]This I find helps me sleep loads-

Cure for Insomnia[/QUOTE]

Good to see the resource is being maintained on the favourites list for TFK regulars.

Went to bed at about half eight last night and woke about half seven this morning. Feel a lot better. Yesterday was a nightmare.

[quote=“KIB man”]Bought that ticket a long time ago. It works sometimes

Good to see the resource is being maintained on the favourites list for TFK regulars.

Went to bed at about half eight last night and woke about half seven this morning. Feel a lot better. Yesterday was a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Its not Insomnia so.

Insomnia tried to keep me up one night so I battered the shit out of it.

:rolleyes:is insomnia an 18st moron with leather underpants?