International Elections Thread

I’m familiar with his existence (or former existence). An ultra-fanatical preacher in New York, a complete headbanger, who was murdered in 1990.

I’m sure it would be anti-semitic to suggest that such people would be out to take down any international politicians who have sympathies with Palestine via smear campaigns, or something.

yeah - Beitar’s game against Ashdod got violent tonite per the father in law as tedi was flooded by their thugs during the second half
the fact that bibi who is now prime minister, misnister for defense and education minister is actually allowing these lunatics onboard ( jewish power) shows to what level he is resorting too,
last election he took on board Shaked and her crowd who basically manipulate the proliterate to rally behind annexation of Samaria along with the ultra orthodox boys who want to turn the country into a Telaban state and enforce Shabbat on places like Tel Aviv…

as a consequence the ultra orthodox (20% of population) and the Arsim ( right wing working class,) are now running the government which is to the detriment of those who are trying to live somewhat normal lives…
israel dosent need arabs - the country will destroy itself -we had the ethiopian riots in january , the ongoing mizrachim/ashkenazim divide is boiling away and the governement geneflecting to the religous continually…
its a mess

Is there any realistic chance of Netanyahu being indicted for corruption and imprisoned or at least forced out of politics for good?

I was going to say he seems like a cancer on politics there but I presume what’s coming behind him is just as bad or worse.

I’m guessing the Israeli Labor party are fucked for good are they? Not that they were ever very moderate themselves.

1 Like

bibi will be indicted - if its anything the israeli courts are good at its conviction for corruption as former prime minister Ehud Olmert found out with his bribe taking over the construction of the Holyland complex in jerusalema and Moshe Katsav a former president who is currently doing time for sexual assault.

Labour yeah - look Isaac Herzog tried to get them going but in Israel - left is seen as been anti israel and pro paletinian so the people in say europe or ireland who traditionally support labor and leftist parties ( low education, unskilled, etc) now tend to flood to the far right and adopt a lets blame the arabs mentality…
look, bibi’s party likud are like FF FG on steroids with respect to taxation and policies- working class have no business voting for them but bibi has destroyed labor’s credability so much by saying they are pro Arab, etc that the folk who should vote labor now vote with a nationalistic hat on…
this is where the centerist parties come in - their policies are around house prices, health, eduation , etc, they dont really go into the whole gaza thing as that’s accepted as a reality that the army deal with as in say here in ireland the council fix the road and we laugh at them - in israel the army look after the security of the state and that’s their problem - now let me buy my house and earn a fortune…
so that’s it - taxation in israel in very progressive and pays for bibi’s tanks - nouveu riche in tel aviv an raananna dont like it and want a country that dosent have this but it is this sense of war that is keeping the simpletons radicalised and bibi in power… all bibi has to do is pay some yemeni looking guy to break into a kibbutz or start a riot in saknin and off you go- national security

1 Like

Perhaps Israel is the one country which could benefit from a dose of flat 0% tax anarcho-capitalism?

Nah, the US would just pay for all the tanks and fighter jets anyway.

i dont know - but someone has to pay for the ultra orthodox and the yanks wont do that and because they now hold a balance of power then the taxpayer will.
they are a cancer in the state- huge families dependent only on government funding and none of them work as they study Torah - they move into neighbourhoods and gradually you see roads and cafes closing on shabbat with schools becoming more and more religous…
this is a huge issue - they also dont serve in the miliatary… all these behaviours put them at odds with the everyone most of all the simple or unskilled population, traditional people who work hard in low income jobs and in ireland would vote left ( think jobstown- in israel these boys are at the frontline … but guess what Bibi has them supporting beitar and voting for Naftali Bennet who has Ayelet Shaked selling them a myth about an arab free israel - bibi then just combines these fools with the religous to form one right wing mad house and stay in power…

ah the place is a mess - i remember yom ha shoah in maybe 2011 - the siren goes off at 10am and everyone stands for two minutes,etc, we’re at home and i stand up gingerly but i turn around
, “this whole thing has nothing to do with me , its only for ashkenazim - fk them” i was told,… i just got on with it… i know why now tho

this little bollix is starting to come under real pressure

1 Like

@glasagusban
i didnt want to reply again in the other thread - i saw you had put in that video of Ayelet Shaked
She is an incredibly sinister woman who in order to get to power has tried to radicalise the middle classes whilst turning the country into state run by her version of martial law,
Even the ultra orthodox are deciding that they dont want anything to do with her now but she is still offering them the carrot of shutting Tel Aviv down on Shabbat so in order to garner their support…
an incredibly dangerous woman who is from a secular background originally but is now trying to enforce an almost erdogan way of life on a secualar population, she keeps getting support in the polls tho…
the woman is genuinely dangerous

Yeah I posted it cause she is clearly a psychopath.

10 30pm local in tel aviv
Polls closed 30 mins and exit polls have it very tight between Likud (bibi) and cahol lavan (beni gantz)
Huge news is that ayelet shaked and naftali banners yamin had ash ( the new right ) . Thats this new trendy ultra right party that broke away may not get a seat due to not meeting required quota…that’s huge…
Watching here on channel 10.
Turn out low at 60% … very low in Arab areas like saknin and the north

OK so ayelet shaked has said we should “sleep on it”.
So… it now looks like gantz and bibi are tied so as always it now comes down to who can form a coalition. .bibi needs everyone and it is vital shaked and benett get in for him however he needs the ultra orthodox as well who despise shaked primarily because she is a woman and she wants a secular right wing state…
Now the religious will take what they can get as their roll is to leech off society in general but I think they know that shaked and bibi will give them more than a totally secular combo of gantz and yair lapid who have no interest in their rhetoric.
Lapid probably will do well but I think gantz may be very inexperienced. .
People can say what they want about bibi but what the man has done for the economy with shaked and bennett and quality of life is unprecedented. …maybe people are sick tho of his pandering to the settler movement…however as I said before he has the working class vote based on his nationalistic blshit and that is what steers him true.

Honestlly… shaked and Bennett are probably the best combination with gantz I think in that they want to rapidly progress the country, are relatively secular and will just deal with the Palestinian situation and there see fit and allow people to live their lives without the constant meddling that bibi does starting wars here and there … unfortunately they will need to go in with bibi as I think lapid and shaked cannot work as they are too far right…

This could well be a bibi and beni gantz coalition yet …

ok - its likud with Shas and UTJ (united torah judaism)
so that’s a right wing religious coalition
soliders votes been counted to see if Shaked/Bennett make it in
expect to see massive deflection to the religous who dont even work or pay tax and this needs to be known as most outside of israel are not aware of this stuff
this is a disaster to be honest
shaked and bennet are many things but she was a former marketing manager in Texas instrumenst and was very tech supportive and savvy, ive been at her start up talks and they are outstanding- bennett also looked after middle class but tried to make it nationalistic
looks like bibi and gantz both have 38 ish seats but likud will form a coalition with the 12 religious seats - Shas will try and shut down Tel Aviv as their first priority id imagine

the country is headed to a theocracy

So Israel is going to be even more fucked up?

it depends what lens you are looking at it thru
i look thru it from a domestic sense having lived / will live there and i just despair when i see the impact the religous have on the country
the economy is still very very strong tho with tech booming and quality of life good in most places - cost of living tho is rising

if one looks at it from say an international sense then nothing has changed - bibi will pick away the palestinians and this exhaustive bshit will continue draining tax dollars
nothing will change from that perspective - the status quo will remain with another war due in the next few months id say

Spanish election results will be coming in this evening.

Early exit polls give cautious cause for optimism that a PSOE-Podemos-Catalan parties coalition may be on the cards.

Imperative that the fascist party Vox is kept out anyway.

UK Local Election 19 results beginning to roll in.

Sco Mo sends the millennials , hippies and snowflakes home with tae in a mug . In Oz

election in the alpine Oz

And again