International Football Matches Today/Tonight

England are kicking off shortly at home to Switzerland:

Hart;
G Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole;
Parker, Wilshere;
Walcott, Lampard, Milner;
Bent.

In our group, Russia and Armenia is scoreless after 20 minutes. Slovakia host Andorra later on.

I see Italy completed over 800 passes at home to Estonia last night. I was watching the Austria-Germany game but it’s a drink affected haze. Gomez scored twice and the winning header was very late on.

Gomez can’t stop scoring since Farmer had a go at him. Think he has over 40 goals (including internationals) this season.

I expect Lampard to play deeper than that Bandage in more of a 4-3-3.

Quel surprise. England are close to kick off and bandage starts a new thread on them

Fuck, Armenia have gone 1-0 up.

Scrub that, it’s 1-1 straight away after a howler from the keeper.

:blink:

Are you watching the Russia game Bandage?

Yep.

Using this link:

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/67464/1/watch-russia-vs-armenia.html

Armenia have been the better side in the first half. They’re very comfortable in possession and are playing some nice one and two touch football. Russia have been very flat indeed but they’ll surely raise the tempo in the second half. Armenia seemed distinctly average when we beat them away from home but they’ve since beaten Slovakia and drawn with Russia and look much improved from that first game today too.

0-2 to the Swiss. Joe Hart having the horrors here

Pavlyuchenko has just made it 2-1 on the hour mark. A nice touch volley finish from a good move. Russia had been having more of the play since half time but Armenia were looking solid enough. Disappointing.

All kicking off at Wembley. Didn’t think Hart was at fault for the first goal but he most definitely was for the second. Silly stuff from the Swiss to give away a penalty straight away though.

Armenia have had another couple of chances. Starting to leave gaps at the back in pushing forward though. They’ll be hard to beat in Dublin. Looking at Russia toil, it’s hard to understand how they defeated us so convincingly.

Penalty to Russia!

Shaqiri looks a very impressive player. Seen him a handful of times now and he looks like he has a big future ahead of him, lovely touch on the ball and beautiful balance and poise on the ball make him an exciting player to watch. Hope to see him move to one of Italy’s big clubs this season.

Zhirkov bought the penalty. Dinked the ball over the defender’s foot and then ran into him. Scored by Pavlyuchenko for his hat trick and that’s game over at 3-1.

This Djorou character is some liability for the Swiss

Armenia have had a goal disallowed for a very tight offside decision. Headed in from a freekick and he looked level to me. Still 3-1 with 5 minutes left.

2-2

That was a very nice goal - well constructed by Wilshere and Baines and smart finish by Ashley Young. I can see Young getting a move to a top 8 team in England over the summer.

Scott Parker exposed as the average, mid table EPL journeyman that he is.

:clap: Never understood the love for him, even from sensible posters on here.

Qualifier, 85 minutes gone, score deadlocked at 2-2 and the crowd at Wembley start a Mexican wave. :lol: