Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

No, I’m in UPRO until the signal switches to SPXU.

What’s your tail risk?

That’s not investing it’s gambling. If he’s doing that he mays as well stick to backing horses. At least he knows what he’s doing then

3 Likes

Any manual skills? There is a fortune to be made on nixers at the minute.

2 Likes

I’ve a decent sum of money that I want to put away.

Buy a house for yourself and rent out the rooms

Buy @mickee321‘s investment property

Met a fella today… Bought 32 apartments for 1.6 million in 2011, sold them at end of January for 4.8 million.

4 Likes

Look at Zurichs prisma funds. They are performing quite well. You can open a savings account and you have access to your money at all times. They invest in a very diversified way. You can get anywhere from 5 to 10% p.a. yield

1 Like

Where would I find out more about these? I’d take a pm. Sounds interesting.

100% loss. If the underlying asset (the S&P500 in the case of UPRO) you are in drops 33% you go to zero. So for example on Black Friday 1987 if you were in stocks you would have been wiped out, however you wouldn’t have been in stocks if you were following the signal.

Recessions are the transfer of assets from the “rich” to the liquid

3 Likes

Can you hedge? Sounds way too risky and volatile for a low upside

Your local financial advisor. Knock the shit out of him on the fees. You could be paying upto 1.5% by default.

Talk to an advisor. They’ll be able to knock down any fees. You’ll get them down below 1%

It isn’t gambling, no more than being in the stock market. More risk than just being long stocks but if you’re not willing to take risk may as well put the money in the bank/under the mattress

It’s all gambling. You’re staking money on futures

Have you invested in this?

Yes

SPXU is the hedge as it goes up 3X the market decline. If you stuck religiously to it the average return for the past 10 years is 80%. Now do the math on compounded returns. Sticking to anything religiously is the problem.