Iphone or xperia?

Any recommendations for a good non-touch screen phone? I’m looking for something that is just straight forward to use but has business features as well (email etc). I’m not looking for a blackberry, a traditional type Nokia would be good.

Sounds like you’re looking for the Nokia E range Runt, think the E52 and E71 might be what you’re after?

Cheers MBB, the E52 should do the job.

Nokia 6700 is what I have-very traditional sort, I like it anyway.

I was looking at that but I don’t think it has Exchange ActiveSync does it?

Emmmmm… :unsure: it has buttons and stuff

Would recommend the E72 as well. Have one with work at the moment and its a smashing little phone. Might look a bit too worky for you though.

I can vouch for the E71/E72.

I’m going to trade it in for the HTC Desire next month though.

It’s not for me, it’s for one of the users here who wouldn’t be the most “technically minded” so want something that will keep him in contact with emails, contacts etc but is easy to use.
He previously had a blackberry but didn’t like it.

is there some sort of free text application you can get with iphones or these sort of gadgets? Heard something about an app you can download that allows you send hundreds of texts for free. Is it this simple or is there a catch?
Was thinking of getting one on one of the lower tarriffs but don’t want to end up spending extra on texts…

Eirtext.

Free version and paid version but that’s the sort of thing you’re looking for I think.

Thinking of upgrading the phone to an iphone or smart phone of some sort…How much internet browsing would it take to use up 500mb of data

You won’t use it up with any sort of usage. I use mine very regularly and don’t come close. It’s basically a cap to stop people downloading on it all day but you’d be hard pressed to get over that limit while browsing on a mobile phone.

A lot

You’ll never get next or near it. I use the net an awful lot on the iPhone and never went over.

sound for that…thinking of going for the xperia

Am probably jumping over to the iPhone myself in a few weeks-is there any point forking out the extra for the iPhone 4 or is the 3G one as good?

oh, be the way, what is the battery life like on these yolks, will need need quite regular charging and does the internet browser eat the battery life

I have the 3GS and to be honest I prefer the feel of it in my hand to the iphone 4.
I deal with both a lot with work and the iphone 4 is probably a better device alright with a better quality screen, but I just find it a bit square or something in my hand.

What is the price difference?

I don’t know about the Xperia but you’d want to charge it every night if you are giving it any bit of use.
I have ran the battery out in mine within a day but that was only when I was stuck somewhere for a few hours and played games constantly on it.