Iraq / Middle East / Murder Thread

Yep i’ve been thinking that too. Dubai in particular is full of westerners and would create a fair bit of publicity and uproar for them were they to fly a plane into a skyscraper or something. I imagine Dubai would be a very easy target for these guys too when you compare what they accomplished in New York. 1. It is nearby. 2. It’s the busiest place in the world for planes flying in and out of and 3. I guess they would be caught off guard. I assume Abu Dhabi wouldn’t have the same number of westerners as Dubai but still a credible target.

So what’s stopping them and is there much chance something could happen? The problem is the gulf states are funding ISIS so i suppose they’d be biting the hand that feeds them.

Comprehensive account on the causes and current state of ISIS

1 Like

Fuckin comedy gold here. A few daft isis fuckers going up against the Peshmerga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM3ElTvF52I

Abu Hajaar is a complete liability.

“Be careful Abu Abdullah, Hold it up” says he to the man with the rocket

:joy:

41 posts were split to a new topic: Coup in Turkey

They have finally come round to Putins thinking.

:clap:

1 Like

Assuming this is real, those are a hapless shower. Poor aul Abu Hajaar is like a stooge in Dad’s army.

Paints IS in a fairly thick light. You’d want to be a pretty thick fuck to blow yourself up in the name of God I suppose.

Turkey have gone into Northern Syria

Obama and his nobel peace prize then :sweat_smile: You couldn’t make it up.

The US has basically agreed to be Saudis lapdog in return for continuation of the petrodollar

1 Like

There are going to be three powers in the ME, Israel obviously, Saudi, and Iran with Russian backing. The Saudis are serious about diversifying out of oil, it’s just that it’s almost all military. A right tinderbox.

Well they gave one to Kissinger. The difference being that everyone knows Kissinger is/was a bloodthirsty cunt. Obama, like many hawkish democrats is unlikely to be outed as such. The Democrats have no incentive to do so, and the Republicans dare not suggest a liberal president was too tough.

Dronebama

Some of the stuff Greenwald and Scahill have revealed is terrifying, especially the extent to which the NSA is now using metadata to come up with targets. Creating models of phone and pc usage and using fit with that, and that alone, to approve missile strikes.

"The source underscored the unreliability of metadata, most often from phone and computer communications intercepts. These sources of information, identified by so-called selectors such as a phone number or email address, are the primary tools used by the military to find, fix, and finish its targets. “It requires an enormous amount of faith in the technology that you’re using,” the source said. “There’s countless instances where I’ve come across intelligence that was faulty.” This, he said, is a primary factor in the killing of civilians.

… between January 2012 and February 2013, U.S. special operations airstrikes killed more than 200 people. Of those, only 35 were the intended targets. During one five-month period of the operation, according to the documents, nearly 90 percent of the people killed in airstrikes were not the intended targets. In Yemen and Somalia, where the U.S. has far more limited intelligence capabilities to confirm the people killed are the intended targets, the equivalent ratios may well be much worse."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HZ3Tjohwqo

a hero

3 Likes

The battle for Mosul begins today. Could be a long one. ISIS last foothold in Iraq

It’s been very high profile. They must be confident. Would be a major propaganda victory for ISIS if the offensive failed.

How many battles has there been for Mosul at this stage?

It’s really going to catch ISIS on the hop. The element of surprise will be key.

2 Likes