Iraq / Middle East / Murder Thread

You’re an idiot just arguing for sake of it becausr you are embarrassed for believing alot of the rubbish the western media sells you.

Do you expect yer to answeƕ to every single media outÄșet?

Thats just dumb

Again, you’ve written nothing constructive in that post, which is not surprising given that you’re so clearly out of your depth on this topic.

I expect journalists to be able to verify and back up their assertions when challenged, especially when such assertions are absolutely central to the narrative they’re putting forward.

Do you expect journalists to able to do this, or does your standard of believability merely amount to calling yourself “independent” and throwing around unverified and unverifiable assertions and accusations?

That’s a pretty low standard of journalistic expectations on your part and one which feeds directly into your views on so many subjects.

Fair play to the Obama administration re the UN and Israeli settlements.

http://blogs.cfr.org/zenko/files/2017/01/BombsDropped16.png

Sources: Estimate based upon Combined Forces Air Component Commander 2011-2016 Airpower Statistics; CJTF-Operation Inherent Resolve Public Affairs Office strike release, December 31, 2016; New America Foundation (NAF); Long War Journal (LWJ); The Bureau of Investigative Journalism (TBIJ); Department of Defense press release; and U.S. Africa Command press release.

Jesus thats mental. Any statistics on whether they’re good bombs or bad bombs?

They’re American. They’re all good bombs silly.

Overall, the U.S. Air Force has expended about $2 billion worth of precision-guided munitions on Islamic State since the start of the campaign in August 2014, dropping more than 40,000, according to Air Force officials. U.S. aircraft have dropped nearly 18 times more weapons on Islamic State than on targets in Afghanistan over the same period.

I hear there’s a massive famine brewing in North Africa

The Somalis should lobby Trump that if he admits all of them to the US, the average rate of obesity in the US will plummet, thereby handing him a much needed “achievement” in relation to health.

I’d say he’d buy it, too.

so do you think clinton would have doing anything
no you dont. its a serious situation, death could be in the millions

Do you think Dole would have doing anything?

https://youtu.be/Spml3eTp4aY

There’s a thesis to be written on the reporting of Mosul vs Aleppo. Two very similar situations (Governments, backed by foreign allies, fighting ISIS in a city under siege) yet Mosul, where it’s spoken about at all, is all about the victories vs ISIS and successes of the Government forces, while Aleppo was all about the civilian casulties. Thousands of civilians killed in Mosul, yet no one talking about it.

1 Like

Eva Bartlett variously tweeting stuff about Tuesday’s gas attack in Syria being “#FakeNews” and a “false flag”. I was dead right about her. She’s nothing but a shill for Assad.

Trump’s response was utterly pathetic and juvenile, like everything else about his presidency.

I don’t recall Obama doing very much about Syria.

There was little appetite in the US to get involved in another Middle East conflict in 2013 (as Obama found out when he went to congress) and there is less now.

Indeed there wasn’t.

Which is why it’s quite instructive as to Mr. Trump’s honesty that he now blames this latest attack on “Obama’s weakness”.

So what did he say in 2013? He was saying “forget Syria”.

The US has recently been sending troops into Syria. Trump is very, very quiet about this.

This has all the hallmarks of drip, drip, slow march into war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-is-dragging-us-into-another-warand-no-one_us_58d5d3f5e4b0f633072b37db

The US has launched over 50 Cruise missiles from two warships in the Meditterranean, hitting the Syrian government controlled al-Shayrat airbase near Homs.
We are yet to hear comment from Vladimir Putin.