Ireland - Euro 2012

Shocking post.

Chewy I have the upmost respect for you. I would plead with you to post all Irish Euro 2012 topics in thread I set up. A tidy forum is essential.

Rocko please move these posts.

I think we lack depth at centre back, left back and centre midfield.

Not a whole lot of centre back options other than what’s already in the squad and we really need Dunne to stay injury free.

Cunningham (on loan at Nottingham Forest), Tierney and Clark are possible left back options to push Ward.

Aside from Steven Reid and Hoolahan (I agree that our system doesn’t suit him), I think David Meyler is another interesting option. Mentioned before that I really rated him pre-injuries but his knee injury was horrifically severe. He’s featuring for Sunderland lately off the bench for late cameos as he works his way back. If he stays fit and gets a run of games in the second half of the season then he could become a serious option. He’d be ideal for our set up and the way Trap wants his centre midfield to protect, screen, cover, tackle etc.

Is meyler really that good rock? Wouldn’t watch enough epl myself to have seen a lot of him. Can’t see anyone new breaking in now. No need for trap to abandon tried and trusted squad men of which there must be at least 25/26.

Could we please avoid all possible future confusion by noting that ‘Meyler’ is spelt ‘Meyler’?

Not Myler, Meylor, Mylor or other variations thereof.

Thank you.

Rocko

1. please delete my first post and get chewy’s one to start us off.
  2. Then transfer rest of appropriate posts from other threads
  3. Post ur prediction for new z England game
    4.delete this post
    5.take a break
  1. Would anyone have a spare copy of Chewy’s post open in their browser? I’ve lost it somehow. Someone copy and paste it into a PM to me and I’ll do the required.

2. Of course.

3. I fancy England

4. Will do

5. Thanks

Do you want me to do it again, Rocko

I realised that I left put Andy Keogh and Wes Houlahan

Rocko this thread is fine other than u need to transfer chewy’s post and delete my earlier ramblings about squad contenders.Chewy’s post need not be the first post.

Stupid cunts. Does anyone take LOI people seriously anyway

Andy Keogh will hardly be dropped will he? Is he like Traps good luck charm or something?
Why is he always picked?

Because he is never injured and has a great attitude. He won’t make the 23 unfortunateky for him but will be involved in the set uo for WC 2014 qualifying no doubt, same as McShane

As was Barry Glendenning last night.

Yes please.

Who are likely to be in the reckoning for the 23 squad places next June.

Presume there will be friendles in February, March and a couple in late may. Some of these may well be complete outsiders like White at Leeds or Brady on loan at Hull but they could well get a chance after some impressive form for the 21’s and at club level, while guys like Meyler, McCann, Pilkington and Tierney have yet to figure under Trap and the likes of Houlahan, Kilbane, Wilson and Reid have figured in previous squads but haven’t been involved recently for different reasons

Those with a * after their name are pretty much nailed on at this point barring injury, 17 by my count while two of Cox/Walters/Lawrence/Coleman wiil definately travel

Keepers:
Given*
Westwood*
Forde
Randolph

Right Back:
O’Shea*
Kelly*
Foley

Centre Backs:
Dunne*
St Ledger*
O’Dea*
McShane
Clark
Wilson

Left Back:
Ward*
Delaney
Kilbane
White
Cunnigham
Tierney

Right Midfield:
Duff*
Lawrence
Coleman
Brady

Centre Midfield:
Andrews*
Whelan*
Fahey*
Gibson
McCarthy
Meyler
McCann
Houlahan

Left Midfield:
McGeady*
Hunt*
Treacy
Pilkington

Forwards:
Keane*
Doyle*
Long*
Cox
Walters
Best
Keogh

Spots up for grabs:
Third choice keeper
Fourth choice centre half
Second choice left back
One central midfield sport
& a wide midfielder or 5th striker

I think the real question is whether George Hamilton will come back in to replace Daragh Moloney, who’s done well to be fair.

Eamon Dunphy on with Des Cahill today and said we should play a three man midfield of Coleman,Fahey and Duff.Later in the interview he said we should go with five in midfeld.im glad he isn’t managing us.

KK is a shoe-in for the sharply dressed assistant assistant managers’ role. :clap: :clap:

2 managers with little credibility