Ireland politics (Part 1)

Mick Clifford about to break another “exclusive” in the Garda whistleblower saga on the Last Word now

Keep us posted mate

You’re asking a lot - it’s a special broadcast live from UCC, the self-congratulatory Carkness is off the charts

The pile of steaming shit is getting bigger by the hour

Things are about to kick off

Simply not credible as a “clerical error”

1 Like

Yep unless someone digs up some shit on Adams somewhere

But that’s on Tusla’s part surely? Was the girl that made the initial claim put up to it or did that never even happen?

FF backing the commissioner - spineless, corrupt cunts.

5 Likes

Would they original claimant have been named in the report? If she ever existed…

It’s on both of them. They both have obligations under children first guidelines and the CFA obligation is to notify the alleged abuser of the allegation. If Garda are investigating they have to notify the person of the allegation or to interview

I get that Art but how does someone with malign intentions against McCabe get the ball rolling, who puts it into this woman’s head to make the complaint? And then have the counsellor bring it forward? I suppose the counsellor would be obliged in any case

@TreatyStones The woman wouldn’t have been named -presumably as a vulnerable person she’d be protected in any case

The gardai should be asking Gerry for advice on this. At least he knows how to run a proper internal inquiry.

Not sure of counsellors obligations there TBH. What would be interesting is to see if the complainant had a long rap sheet

I don’t get this. Are they trying to say the file was created by a clerical error?

Or a swelled bank account of late

True that. The “clerical error” explanation is utterly bizarre for something of that nature.

It’s almost like they knew this was coming

Clerical a bad choice of word in the context .

2 Likes