Ireland politics (Part 1)

Kate Oā€™Connell. Looks like sheā€™s in Downton Abbey. Talks like a docker. Sheā€™s great.

1 Like

Has the fragrant Kate backed the wrong side, perhaps.

1 Like

She will probably be fine ā€¦ Leo will have to pick a Simon backer to push the all united now line .

Fucking mullalyesque whining.

Sheā€™s drank a quart of wine by the sounds of that

You just know Kate is tremendous fun with a bit of wine down her.

2 Likes

I heard her on the radio once. I was surprised how common she sounded.

Iā€™d say Kate had the opposite of elocution lessens to appeal to a broader base. A few appointments with Terry Prone to help her sound less Rathgar and more templeogue, not tallaght now dear they wonā€™t vote for you either way

She is from Westmeath and has kept her accent . Amen to that . Too many women today have a bland homogeneous accent regardless of birthplace .

4 Likes

She from a place called Rahugh in Westmeath. What did you expect?

The choir boys are ā€œafraid of their Jaysusā€! :grinning:

Definitely sounds like sheā€™d had a few

She was always going to go for Simon as Eoghan Murphy is such a long term Varadkar supporter.

Letter her inner roaster come out is a mistake though, the people of Dublin South donā€™t give a fuck about rural Ireland.

Well as long as their holiday homes in Ballymoney are ok.

Will Roscommon councillors back the blueshirt lifter?

Leo Varadkar isnā€™t a very good debater. His main opportunity in that regard so far was during the marriage referendum in 2015 and he didnā€™t do very well.

His main selling point, for people who like this sort of thing, is that heā€™s a sort of slightly more considered, more obviously cosmopolitan version of Boris Johnson, who talks in a much slooower and clearer manner, ie. a bit of a populist bullshitter who has managed to carve out a popular reputation as a sort of benign right-wing ā€œmaverickā€, precisely on the back of being a bullshitter. Heā€™s quite like Ivan Yates, I think. Heā€™s in touch with the sort of person who sends in text messages to George Hook.

My main recollection of his political career so far is that he occasionally comes out with deliberately provocative Daily Telegraph-style professional contrarian viewpoints that he canā€™t back up and has done a few faux-thought-provoking, introspective appearances on Marian Finucane and the like.

Other than that his political career has been pretty forgettable and short on achievement.

Heā€™ll likely give Fine Gael a short term bounce but Iā€™m not sure his brand of Tory-light-style politics will prove to be particularly successful as Fine Gael leader and/or Taoiseach in the longer term if he continues to run with it.

6 Likes

We are looking at a general election in October/November and a blueshirt cull.

FF-SF coalition could work well.

It all depends on who gets the FG gig. If Simon gets it, he would be more acceptable to FF. If itā€™s Leo, weā€™ll go again before the year is out.

Leo has it pal.

We go again so.

FG donā€™t care

SF will shit their togs at the prospect of government .