Ireland politics (Part 1)

I think Iā€™m going to pledge my political allegiance to Labour again. Wexford has always been a strong Labour town from Brendan Corishā€™s day through to Brendan Howlin, and George Lawlor is sound out and I hope he wins this by election (notwithstanding this recent cash side payment mayoral pact issue). Iā€™m also a big fan of Aodhain Oā€™Riordain (despite what you say about him) and heā€™s by far the best candidate in my constituency in Dublin. I hope Iain Duncan Smith takes the seat in Fingal.

My dalliance with the Soc Dems was just that and Sinn FĆ©in have become a complete shambles. I see definite parallels with Arsenal. Gerry is Arsene. They wanted him out and thought there was a clear path to a bright future. What theyā€™ve found is that Gerry was their greatest asset and theyā€™re left with that absolute clownshoe Unai Emerylou McDonald.

4 Likes

:clap:

Iā€™ve been slowly coming around to same view over the last three years

A strong Labour party has always been the best vehicle for progressive change in this country

However Iā€™ll be voting for the Greensā€™ Peter Kavanagh in the Dublin Mid-West by-election if I get a chance to vote, as Joanna Tuffy is a horrible boot who is rabidly pro-Israel

We need to boot out boots like her and re-boot the party

What we really need is a broad left popular front a la the 1936 Spanish election, hopefully with a civil war to follow in which I think weā€™d be victorious, especially with Sinn Fein help

That would soon split into the popular left front and the popular front left.

2 Likes

? I like AodhĆ n. I just think he needs to drop the Twitter every now and then.

Iā€™m seriously suggesting heā€™ll give it a right go. A bye election is a last man standing style affair. I think heā€™ll go last 2 and sure who knows then.

Alison Gilliland had a good takedown of that little twerp Eoin Oā€™Broin yesterday too.

Labour Labour Labour.

:red_circle::red_circle::red_circle::red_circle::red_circle:

Is there any signs of anyone deposing Howlin? Heā€™s been hopeless at reengerising the party.

FAO @myboyblue. We are at that stage of the social media cycle where the Labour Party can do no wrong.

2 Likes

We already have a labour td who has done fuck all

Why get another?
We need a green voice

1 Like

Mary Lou will be gone by the end of the ebening the GE results are counted.

2 Likes

And segregated bike lanes.

1 Like

SEGREGATED

2 Likes

Racist

4 Likes

Pearce is the leader we need.

Market opened at 7/1 last night. Into 6s this morning on the back of a few Labour heads throwing down. Get on @Fagan_ODowd

Agree.

Derry will be interesting this weekend. John Oā€™Dowd knows the score but they are trying to keep him quiet and not publicly state the current leadership are useless.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Why would Fingal need another labour TD