Ireland politics (Part 1)

This has nothing to do with drink driving.

1 Like

Soz, its a Monday morning and got mixed up with the drink one because of Danny Healy Rae blattering on about it and how there should be a special dispensation for rural folk.

Anyways on the speeding, don’t see a problem with it. Why should someone who gets caught 5kph over the speeding limit be fined the same as some caught doing over 30kph?

1 Like

Ross should be out on his arse for doing sweet fa with public transport and undermining the NTA, funny how it takes a few rooral Ministers protecting their local hicks to put him under any sort of pressure.

2 Likes

The law is a poorly thought out sledgehammer of a thing aimed mainly at making Shane Ross feel important., 10kph over the limit outside a school is far worse than 20over on a clear motorway imho. Graded penalties are correct in principle entirely but need to be sensibly applied.

The proposal seems very reasonable IMO. But I’d like there to be a massive nationwide review of speed limits before hand to make sure they are realistic. The guards will be going around doing lads for going 60 in a 30 when there’s no need for it to be a 30 in the first place.

1 Like

Clownshoe

The real issue is not the law itself, its the law being enforced. You never see a speeding van close to a school and I can’t remember the last time I seen the Gardai out catching speeding drivers, is it just the vans now that catch the speeders?

Do you drive ?

Ah there he is Mr chip on his shoulder, come crawling out from the basement.

Taz has a serious motor

Ah man you are funniest person around. Jaysus you should be on stage. You’re the best.

Beep beep

Ah stop, the tears are rolling down my face here, I’m laughing so much. hilarious

It wasn’t that funny mate.

I hope your not browsing TFK in work

Wouldn’t dream of it. :slight_smile:

Work. Good one :grinning:

No way, are ya serious?

What would you know about work?

I know you’re a lot of hard work.