Ireland politics (Part 1)

That would solve the demand side of the equation.

2 Likes

they have serious alcohol and drug issues there … They drink themselves into over there… Tgey had a scheme recently where they shipped their unemployed over to Spain for the winter and paid tbeir rent etc… It’s cheaper than housing and heating them in Finland during winter… They all drank themselves into oblivion in Spain.

Fuck you fuck Limerick fuck Cork you sad gimp, stick your balls in the microwave.

You Cavan wanna be faggot.

That’ll drive some lads mental

1 Like

So lads in Ireland won’t go off the booze for a free house.

One with a locked up basement is harder to find.

I don’t see what that has to do with anything… I’m not arguing for free houses. Just for people to have an opportunity to buy/ rent and to ease the stress a lot of people are under.

I’m saying Finland have solved homelessness but they imposed certain rules to stop anti social behaviour.

Simply asking if such an approach would work in Ireland.

With rights come responsibilities etc. If somebody wants a free house or house at an affordable to them price then we will give you one but there is that rule attached.

1 Like

Seems a bit harsh not to let @anon61878697 have his few whiskeys at the weekend.

Finland also had and still has, a massive problem with people drinking themselves to almost death… Again, I’m not arguing for free houses… The cost of homes in Dublin is 8/9 times higher than the average working wage… It comes down to 6-8 times higher in other parts of the country… It’s established practice across the world thst it should be 3/4 times the average salary…

I’d like to see you get through two months of continuous darkness every year and not consume a bit of vodka.

I wouldn’t.

A million Irish in oz is there? Hmmmm…

Can you find an unlocked one? I’ll add the lock myself

1 Like

Yes of course as in Austria,long term rent council owned,no fucking about after 11 any night,3/4 warnings and out u go-cops called ref noise etc and council notified if it occurs regular,theme it’s court - vacate

What would you suggest to get house prices to come down?

Please provide a source for these numbers you pulled out of your arse.

Cost per square foot in Ireland is about the same as the UK and 25% below Germany and France. Average salaries are rougly the same in the four countries.

Edit. Just had a quick look there on daft.ie. There’s quite a few homes for sale in Limerick and Cork for less than 100k. The average salary in Ireland is somewhere in the 25-30k range.

Build kid … social housing across the board but for a broad range on incomes not just for lower income earners… Isnt that what they do in this Europe place we are supposed to be comparing ourselves against… Regulate the outside investors snapping up property and in turn driving up rents. And do something about the vacant sties/property all over the country … It would be a start… I believe only 10% of our builds are for social housing purposes — this should be up around 30/40%

1 Like

Listened to a bit of PK on Newstalk today, he was interviewing a woman called Franchesca. Her mother was a drug addict so she lived with her grandparents until her gran died and her grandad was an alcoholic. Went to live with her mother for a while who pimped her out at 14 to pay for her drug addiction. Desperate tale of her next 10 years of being trafficked, raped in parks, abortions, forced adoptions, suicide attempts…very sad. I can’t bring myself to blame her for not being a model citizen I have to say.

3 Likes