Ireland politics (Part 1)

Heā€™s beyond a bollox

Iā€™d say theyā€™re both happy with that. They get to play to each of their bases while continuing to make FF look like the irrelevance that they clearly are.

4 Likes

Leo is playing with house money and he knows it, no matter what he does heā€™s in a better position then he was the night the results were coming in. Marylou has the look of someone biding their time and content to sit on the fence for now. Sleepy Mihaal on the other hand dare not put a foot wrong, the promised land is within sight as the ice continues to crack underneath him.

2 Likes

Agreed - both would be happy enough if a FF/FG gov is formed but both would be happy enough with another election in the next 6 months. At this point (appreciating all can change) FG and SF are the only two parties likely to come back with increased seat numbers.

Sturdy fence

1 Like

Whatā€™s behind Fionnan Sheahanā€™s heel turn? Heā€™s been going after FG for a few weeks now. Is it simply the new ownership removing his shackles? In a way, that doesnā€™t reflect well on him at all. Simon Coveney in his crosshairs today.

1 Like

Beavis looking to butt heads.

Amazing u turn.

Would he not be more of an ff man?

He had a worse go at Coveney yesterday

Beaker has a fan!

Its behind a paywall. Can you post article. Its remarkable the u turn he has done of late. He must have been overlooked for a position.

He is sore he is not being spoon fed political info, ie actually having to do his job.

Iā€™m getting very angry about Leo Varadkar having this picnic in Phoenix Park. The pigs have moved me on when I was drinking by the Grand Canal twice the past week alone.

I can feel a rage building inside me, Iā€™m off to run a handy 10km in Phoenix Park to calm down. When I get back I might change my profile pic to topless Leo, nobody steal my idea.

1 Like

Clear breach of guidance, banana Republic, our compliant MSM, Dominic Cummings ā€¦ oh I really have to go running right now.

Paddy heading off to the EU with cap in hand while appealing a 13bn receipt. :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

The who EU rescue package may well come with a lot of small print for Paddy

Itā€™d be like the lad who won the lotto tapping u for a few quid.

This government spends ā‚¬8.4 million of taxpayers money (so far) on lawyers to ensure that we Donā€™t recieve ā‚¬14.3 billion that the EU commision believes is owed to us. And tonight Leo gives lectures on the need for austerity.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an insane amount of legal fees. But in Irelandā€™s defence here, the commission didnā€™t say it was owed to us, they just said we should collect. They are saying that we should collect on behalf of other states with no direction as to how the money could be distributed.

Why canā€™t we put it in cold storage and collect the interest on it in the interim though?