Ireland politics (Part 1)

Good explanation of the Apple Case here

Iā€™d say that will be resolved any day now. Annnnnnny day.

Same reason. Youā€™d have to distribute the interest as well, and if apple win the appeal, we owe it all back to them. If we have to pay it all back to apple you would then have another legal battle over how interest on a sum that large would be calculated and repaid.

Letā€™s just settle for half and be done with it.Itll build one more hospital somewhere

Looks like the Cork to Limerick motorway is going to be scrapped.

1 Like

Ok so far the Green Party policies are:

Raise Taxes
One car per village
Introduce wolves

Compulsory lettuce boxes on south facing windows

1 Like

I was listening to the lads on Newstalk this morning. They reckoned the greens were goosed if we have to go to the polls again shortly

Seems to be at least some some overlap with the fine Gael policies of:
Raise Taxes
One car per village
Feed the poor to the wolves

1 Like

:smiley: :clap:

I wonder did Ryan do it on purpose so that he would have drop out of the leadership race. :slight_smile:

Calls for him to go off and do some diversity and inclusion training on twitter. Iā€™d say whatever his faults Eamonn is a nice fella and doesnā€™t have a bigoted bone in his body.

7 Likes

The fucking gobshite.

Iā€™d agree with that. But it was a stupid thing to do. Whatever about the shock value of using the term to show us the racism, the person to do it was not the definition of privilege in a wealthy white man.

2 Likes

The world has gone nuts .

2 Likes

Eamonnā€™s a simpleton but I feel sorry for him here. The mob are mobilised at the minute

2 Likes

Didnā€™t save Big Ron.

The nakedly political pile-on from fellow Green members, councillors etc is fairly hilarious.

6 Likes

Surely triggered,not mobilised