Ireland politics (Part 1)

#GE2020 part 2 before Christmas. Hook it into my veins

1 Like

Just bring in McEntee to answer the questions and avoid all this shite.

They’re afraid her version of events will lead to exactly that.

Kelly is the leader of the opposition. Does Mary Lou even turn up any more?

Hes the closest to Michael OLeary I’ve seen in action.

I haven’t been following this closely but listened to paschal donoguue on morning Ireland last week. The interviewer put it to him that the minister for justice is supposed to consult party leaders in government and the ministers for finance and foreign affairs before bringing a recommendation to cabinet. Did minister mcentee consult with you minister? No. At this point a decent interviewer would have gone after him. Instead it was an ok so and move on.

So it’s clear enough mcentee didn’t even follow the procedure that was there. This should be a resigning offence, but same as Leo’s leak FF aren’t strong enough to hold them to account. FG know this and so will try to brazen it out.

This is the worst government I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

She turns up on Twitter alright. Kelly will get to the bottom of this yet?

Is this type of “questions” a new thing - like the bad barrister efforts during the Leo thing?

I don’t remember it from previous Dails

It happens usually when the Minister makes a fuck up ala Varadkar. Think there were a few in the last government. Also remember Martin sacked Cowen for doing exactly what McEntee is doing now.

Irish politicians across the board have seen the kind of theatre you get in the House of Commons and want a go. The John Delaney theatre gave them a taste too. You get your clip viral and it doesn’t matter the substance.

You don’t remember two previous FG ministers for justice having to explain themselves to the dail? Really

1 Like

Yep 2017 Frances Fitzgerald came in to explain the appointment of Maire Whelan.

I heard McEntee throwing Charlie Flanagan under the bus the other day saying she got the list of nominations from him.

No. It happens all the time. A minister is expected to stand over an issue of their department whether ot was their fault or not. See Roderick’s recent coal hauling over the mother and babies report.

It would be beautiful if this brought down uucoam Charlie Tanagan

1 Like

Fg shills @Tim_Riggins and @tallback desperately trying to disenfranchise the DĂ il and Irish democracy.

1 Like

Be interesting to hear from FF shills on how they feel about their party defending FG ministers and Martin sacking one of their own and now defending a FG minister for the same thing?

2 Likes

Denis Naughten, Simon Harris and Eoghan Murphy did it in the last DĂĄil if I recall correctly.

Zappone had to do it a number of times.