Ireland politics (Part 1)

2007: FFFGLAB 148 seats
2011: FFFGLAB 133 seats
2016: FFFGLAB 99-104 seats

Hopefully the trend continues

1 Like

I heard mention on the radio that an EU report which was critical of the FG/Lab government was released on Friday night at 10pm. Just as the polls closed.Despite the reports for all other countries being released earlier that morning.

The IT guy obviously fucked up. The server was probably down.

Iā€™d imagine that was probably directly related to the election as in the EU would be very sensitive to accusations that it influenced the result one way or another, particularly on polling day.

From the bit I heard the report seems to have backed up a lot of what the opposition were saying during the election campaign.

@anon59781749 what about Niall Collinsā€™ team parking a van outside Kildimo church on Sunday morning with a big banner thanking them for their support?

:grinning:

That was a local lad who hates O Brien

:joy:

Iā€™ve donned a blue suit white shirt red tie combo to commemorate the death of the Labour Party. The #alankelly

1 Like

What?

O Brien isnā€™t from kildimo? Wouldnā€™t that be fairly standard from Collins?

His headquaters were across the road in one of wards units beside the shop werent they

They were in killmalloxk?

He had a unit in wards alright

Heā€™d one in killmallock anyway.

His HQ was in the old furniture shop beside wards

Niall Collins brother/cousin will be running next time round.

James Collins?
Heā€™ll be running in the City Iā€™d say

I was told it would be county.

Seanad Elections are next up in the next couple of weeks. I wonder will we see Dissident Maria Cahill being given a seat in the Seanad this time around. If there is a FG Taoiseach then there is going to be a lot of pressure on them to give the failed Labour TDā€™s a seat in the Seanad as pay back for supporting them.