Ireland politics (Part 1)

Most of available cash going on spending

Of the remainder about 50% being used to give the extra 5 a week to pensioners

Do most pensioners need an extra fiver a week?

I doubt it. Some need extra alright but most dont

Iā€™m sure they could do with it alright. This is the group who handed the country over in the best shape itā€™s ever been to the next generation, who fucked it up royally. I donā€™t see why they should suffer.

2 Likes

And vote FF

Seanie Fitzpatrick is getting the state pension.

its a FF budget being delivered by FG.

And Sean Quinn

And Michael Fingleton

And Patrick Neary

1 Like

Bertie and Charlie mccreevey too

Is the state pension not means tested? Serious question by the way I know fuck all about it. By state pension is that the 180 odd quid a week the pensioners get and would this be separate to a public service pension. Are Bertie and co allowed claim this on top of their other pension. If so thatā€™s nuts.

We all partied

Some of us never stopped. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There are two kinds of state pension contributory and non contributory.

Contributory basically paid to people who have paid enough stamps (PRSI) over the years. If you have met this requirement (most people who have worked in this country for long period will) then it is not means tested, it is however taxable with any other income you might have.

non contributory is means tested alright I think.

Where is he resident?

he went bankrupt in the 26 anyways so assume he will be looking to recoup some of it

:slight_smile: He will be a while

3 Likes

:grinning:

Heā€™d want to live a long time

Some fucking hatchet job by Pat Leahy on MMOC today. Iā€™d say the poor girl is toast.

The Irish Times: ā€˜She works hard, but is not up to itā€™

2 Likes

Oooft!

Some of the women that Enda promoted really come across terribly. Smacks of some form of reverse sexism, where they are only in the cabinet because they are women.

I think MMOC is an idiot but there is nothing of substance really in that article.