Ireland politics (Part 2)

The sins of the father eh

Charlie doesn’t really strike me as “his father’s son” in that sense

Not great to be worse than the Royals

Just when FF and FG had turned things around this comes out. Never ending with these fuckers.

Wouldn’t serve them solpadeine. Although it was ironic when the pharmacist said she was ‘just asking questions’

That’s actually a mental story. How it’s not leading to more coverage is beyond me

A slow burner this one. Opposition looking for time to discuss this in the DĂ il. Both Martin and Varadkar are playing dumb on this and said they were not aware of this.

Another cover up and lessons will be learned while the taxpayer will no doubt pick up the tab and not one cunt will be held accountable.But GDP etc etc

Hang on a second - whatever about the merits of the strategy - surely it was designed to prevent the taxpayer picking up the tab?

Cat is out of the bag now though. It seems like a fucking disgraceful shitshow.

Buried on page 7 of the Indo

Jaysus. Imagine getting through 7 pages of the indo…

5 Likes

Is it? It seems like a standard legal tactic to me in an effort to minimise costs. Not particularly nice but sometimes hard decisions are hard and the choices either way were fairly unpalatable from a brief scan of the article.

Did we want the Gov opening up the financial floodgates in 2011 (loads of cash around then iirc) to something which they reckoned could be the equivalent of the cost of several children’s hospitals?

Or phased another way - which spending should have been abolished or taxes increased to fund it?

The HSE have operated this way for years in negligence cases. Leo promised to put an end to it years ago but it’s still going on.

It’s hard to see how you could just accept liability with full transparency in these sort of cases unless you were going to put a multi-billion annual budget behind it to pay for them.

I don’t know what the right answer is but I’m not sure there are any easy solutions to this kind of stuff

Irish economy now growing at four times the EU rate

Oooh i smell an election. The weasel harris brought down the last dail due to a health care fuck up

2 Likes

There will my eye. The Green simpletons will hold their noses and ignore the smell.