Ireland politics (Part 2)

Did anybody hear Peter Burke on Drivetime earlier with the Shinner lady?

What an absolute ignoramous

No. Was he shouting a lot?

Was he pro library?

Came across as a right cunt

i presume they all cycled?

Literally the first reply. Morto for @artfoley

1 Like

walter white GIF

3 Likes

The gradual morph into just being FF/FG for the Shinners is almost complete.

They have very little by the way of radically different policies.

Have they dropped the extra band of income tax too?

I actually went looking for their alternative budget from last year last week and it’s been deleted from the internet.

The vague promise of building more houses faster and improving things, seems to be their platform.

Same wishy washy shite as they all come out with. Now they may well be entitled to a go at it at this stage, couldn’t do much worse. But it won’t be a lurch to the left as some hope.
They’ll be Fianna Fáil under a different name.

Seems they’ve kept the 3% on incomes over €140,000.

58% marginal tax rate incoming.

When it comes down to the post election negotiations and Mary Lou and Pearse see the trough in front of them, themselves and Micky Martin will pull together and make a program for Government that will be exactly the same as it was already

2 Likes

No tax credits over 100k

They’ll fire all available money at housing and health to try to show some bit of a difference.

That’ll be quietly dropped pre election as with salary inflation a lot more people are heading in that salary direction.

If they sort out housing they could be in government for 20 years.

Disappointed at how beige their setting out of the stall looks, was hoping for a lot more tax on high earners but they’re obviously casting their net as wide as they can which is a sad (albeit possibly temporary) move further to the center. Sinn Fein have been playing the very long game unlike FF or FG who can’t think more than five years ahead, much akin to the parties in the U.S., much to their collective detriment. My long held prediction is that once Sinn Fein manage to get into government as a majority, and it’ll be without FF or FG in their coalition, they’ll be extremely difficult to get back out again. Their plan to stay in, will be stronger than the plan to get in and by the time they’re ousted again, one of the two traditional parties I predict will be largely decimated as a chunk of their voters will be resident in the country’s graveyards.

1 Like

That and health. It’d be a fair reward.

Brendan Howlin not running at the next election.

Labour could be reduced to only a couple of seats next time around.