Ireland politics (Part 2)

Looks different in her Wiki photo.

That looks like Senator Annie Hoey to me.

Thanks… I just read her bio which is a million miles away from agriculture but she’s of the mould of young wokey SU types that seem to be dictating a lot of policy behind the scenes.

1 Like

:smiley:

Ah lads

Imagine the WhatsApp group hopping about the PLO scarves :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Proper revolutionaries.

1 Like

The lads opposite wearing

The scarf police are out in force.

Like a load of 4th years from 1992 caught in a timewarp, fucking gobshites

2 Likes

They wouldn’t be out of place at a World Cup game in Qatar

This lad posted about her then deleted it as he didn’t want a pile on.

Lolzers

“ In July 2020, Hoey was appointed Party Spokesperson on Higher Education, Innovation and Research.[24] She introduced legislation to link student nurses and midwives pay to Health Care Assistants’ pay in December 2020 after months of campaigning. “

From wiki.

Bizarre enough appointment in relation to Agriculture I’d agree tbf.

With Irish farming set to become extinct (see expiry date of forum farming thread, for example), it seems entirely reasonable to use the farming panel to appoint someone with broader interests outside of muck & sheds.

4 Likes

She’s not somebody to be taken seriously.

I’d tap that

She might be more interested in your missus

Cultural appropriation surely. The racists

Has anyone who has been involved in the USI ever gone on to be worth a stocking of shite?

Notable past officers[edit]

Chief Justice John L. Murray was USI president in 1966/67 and broadcaster Joe Duffy held the post in 1983–84. Several Irish politicians also started their careers as presidents of USI, including former Labour Party leaders Pat Rabbitte and Eamon Gilmore, and former Chairman of the Labour Party, Colm Keaveney. Annie Hoey held the post from 2016 to 2017 and became the first former woman USI President to be elected to national office during the 2020 Seanad election as the Irish Labour Party candidate for the Agricultural Panel.[3][4] Patricia Hegarty (Trish Hegarty) was elected as the first woman president of USI in 1986 before going on to become an Irish Times and BBC journalist.

Political strategist Frank Flannery, Cambridge University and Yale Professor Denys Turner and barristers Karen Quinliven QC, Grainne McMorrow SC and Giollaiosa O Lideadha SC all served as president, while SDLP Leader Mark Durkan was Deputy President and Minister of State at the Department of Health Alex White TD served on the USI officer board. Broadcaster and journalist Howard Kinlay was the first President of the Students Union in TCD before becoming President of USI. The chain of student hostels owned by USI were called Kinlay House in his honour.[5] Chief Executive of the Labour Relations Commission, Kieran Mulvey, was President of the Students Union in UCD and later Deputy President of USI.[6]