Ireland politics (Part 2)

10 years in office and acting like novices

It’s for the best that things were more hush-hush 40 years ago or we’d all have questions to answer.

2 Likes

Hahaha brilliant

1 Like

These are my principles……

1 Like

Won’t pass so what’s the point. Their base doesn’t even work

2 Likes

St. Brigids day, I’m assuming.

What are the other 2?

Supported

November bank holiday would be unreal

Envoy cheats cheat us all.

3 Likes

I notice out foreign each region or even town has their own holiday. e.g. in Spain, Andalucia has their own holiday but also e.g. Seville city will have their own holiday but the surrounding area within the same “county” won’t. It would be like Limk city having a holiday and then Mungret open for business.
A bit bizarre but i’d be all for more days off! Plenty of indispensable people in the graveyard.

My birthday for the Sept one and the Nov one is to enable us, as a nation, to write letters to Santa to bless us with a meaningful Christmas. Can’t do any better I’m afraid.

1 Like

VC Day. Victory over covid day

Only Mehole has the authority to give us a meaningful Christmas. And look how that turned out.

Her Twitter is an excellent read

And she is right on most things. The problem is as it is with many politicians they don’t practice what they preach. If she believed in the shite she spouts she would be on the phone now to Coveney to tell him she won’t be taken the job as the way it was handled was not in the proper manner. She might then have a shred of creditability left.

5 Likes

Spot on. I never really understood where she came from to get a ministry. As far as I can tell she was a useless minister, lots of failures under her watch, and no reforms or improvements I can think of. She probably had an impossible task in having pretty much zero political clout in the government she was in and so probably couldn’t get support or funding assigned for anything she wanted to do, but still, ineffective.

2 Likes

Wasn’t she quietly ambitious/greedy? Think she approached FG when there was all that shite before forming the government before the most recent one (remember the confidence & supply arrangement with FF propped up by Zappone, Ross and others?) and had her financial and other demands laid out in return for her vote. She had some goodwill from the marriage referendum campaign and her wife was seriously ill or dying, but she seemed to do fuck all as a minister alright but got her pension anyway. I see the lad formerly from The Examiner that broke a load of the mother and baby home scandals was absolutely scathing of her, mainly for failing to publish reports that were commissioned and generally whitewashing a lot of stuff and being generally absent/completely unsympathetic and uninterested.

1 Like

Zappone is a typical wokester. She likes to use “causes” as vehicles for her ego and progression when she couldn’t actually give a fuck. We have a few of these types on here.

3 Likes

The only thing I remember is her being caught up in the Enda Kenny “Mea Culpa” incident.