Ireland politics (Part 2)

The cabinet table’s loss is Cork regatta’s gain although the DUP are also looking for a leader.

3 Likes

Indo seems to think this means he won’t run in the next election but cork not having a Coveney in the dáil must be unheard of in recent times at least. Who are the two FG TDs waiting for the call from the Taoiseach elect to step up? Presumably one male, one female.
Edit to add I presume Jennifer Carrol McNeil is a shoe in.

Must be Neale’s time too

With Mick Martin potentially retiring… Cork South Central will decide the fate of the nation at the next GE. As of now, my vote is up for purchase.

I was thinking that but the optics of two south county dublin ministers might not play well if they are looking to reconnect with their rural base?

2 Likes

The best spent pack of Rennie ever.

I just pipped Kev by a point to win the Fantasy EPL manager of the month in the office… A wonderful prize too

image001 (3)

1 Like

Peter Burke and JCM to be promoted, is my guess.

Burke to Justice, McEntee demoted to the back water of Higher Education and JCM to step into Enterprise.

mcentee to DETE, JCM to DFHEIRS, humphries to DoJ.

That actually looks better for Harris, less of a dropping for McEntee.

Humphries was previously in Justice too, even if only temporarily.

mcentee, im sure when her time in DETE finishes, will be mentioned in the same breath as such former DETE luminaries such as pee flynn, ray burke, mary coughlan and MMOC

1 Like

Sure they’re now a Dublin party anyway.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1775198899017298332?t=bd9T8EMSU1qwLe2bEIRs8A&s=19

According to all reports today, Coveney walked before he was pushed. Harris has put too much emphasis on Dublin and its environs already. Humphreys may well get the deputy leader gig but it looks like Simon has decided to neglect the rural vote which will end up costing him dearly.

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

Just to confirm, harris isnt from dublin, he is as rural as you

That doesn’t matter. He is focused on Dublin.

Greystones is as rural minded as malahide

2 Likes

So the guys that write the copy for the newspapers no one buys are running the country.

1 Like
  1. They’re presstitutes, not journalists
    2 brains :smile:
1 Like