Ireland politics (Part 2)

I wouldn’t imagine Simon Coveney would be a fella who’d have much interest in rooral Ireland either.

I think (and hope) that FG will be decimated at the next election. Only downside is it’ll lead to an upsurge for FF.

2 Likes

It’s the optics of it though.

FF seem to be escaping most of the brunt of the anger of people, mostly by keeping out of sight. Donnelly seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, he was nowhere during the referendums either.

Would expect FG to get a good kicking by the electorate alright. Under Varadkar they’ve seemed to be completely Dublin/greater Dublin area orientated. Think it was mentioned on the radio today that after Coveney’s resignation there is no senior FG cabinet Minister in Munster and Connacht now. They’ve completely lost the farming vote.

1 Like

How many farmers in Ireland

How much money does the state pay them

A kicking in the European elections might be the thing that saves them

They’ll lose a seat or two in Europe, not that it’ll matter a whole lot.

Varadkar did enormous damage as leader. Made FF electable again and by getting into bed with them has, for once and for all, shown there is no difference between FF & FG. Of course the tail is wagging the dog with these green headbangers getting everything they demand.

Michael Ring v John McGuinness as party leaders would be way more interesting than the Varadkar/Harris v Martin snooze fest.

Ring is indirectly responsible for the deaths on our road according to shane Ross

I see this has driven a lot of Twitter experts demented.

She’s done well for herself off the back of a Journalism degree from UL cc @Aertel220

2 Likes

That lady who imagines she is being catcalled by men all the time is a government advisor as well I think. Best of luck to Ciara as she goes about running the country now that Leo and Simon have left and that little shit is in charge.

The UL have had a lot of big media hitters on the payroll

Think About It GIF by Identity|480x264

:laughing:

1 Like

Who is that?

Anne Marie something or other. McNally maybe

2 Likes

Amo is an adviser to that beardy Green junior minister Joe something or other in Fingal but Ciara Phelan getting that assistant press secretary role is a bigger thing altogether. Think yer ex Newstalk chap Chris Donohoe is moving from being Coveney’s adviser to take the press secretary role so Phelan will be his #2.

Did Ciara start off in the mirror or sun interviewing Bertie for an attempted President run?

She was with the Irish Daily Mirror first alright & then yer wan Aoife (Grace) Moore - another Twitter mainstay of that 2017-2021 era - made an ill fated move from the Examiner to The Sunday Times Oirish Edition. Phelan took her role at the Examiner & then the Sunday Times let a load of folk go. Think Moore is a BBC News Dublin reporter these days.

I had forgotten about Amo until she made an appearance on Twitter the other day. You’ll need to click on the photo for the extended view.

https://twitter.com/amomcnally/status/1774152668300066934?t=wmn1enf9lm9XzxCimRHuEQ&s=19

Amo has been getting an awful lot of work done

Holy Moses

https://twitter.com/AnMailleach/status/1775240548074377256?t=wTNskv73R78l4B_GRXEV5w&s=19

The lad from Aontu looks like he’s off to his debs :joy:

2 Likes

There are a couple of big units there.

1 Like