Ireland politics (Part 2)

You and him must be the only ones that so.

Couldn’t believe how poorly Coveney performed there. His argument seemed to consist of “it’s much ado about nothing.”

Tried to brush it all under the carpet, that there was no criteria set for the position or process for recruitment didn’t faze him either.

The sense of entitlement sweating out of him, Dobbo really had to do very little

Not to mention she fatally wounded Enda Kenny and helped finish his political career. Maybe Leo is paying her back?

This the same guy that proposed on twitter the dáil should just vote on whether to allow abortion but there had to be a 2/3 majority.

He thinks he has very ideas. He doesn’t.

Some people have a great inclination for walking in to dogshit

Coveney got handy praise for Brexit and putting the brits in their place. But he had Barnier, the backing of 20+ other EU countries, the US lobby, the brits being idiots and so on. I remember thinking to myself during the 2020 election debates…this guy isn’t very sharp at all. Pearse Doc destroyed him in a couple of set piece deputy leader type shows. And we’ve subsequently seen that FG junior minister from Longford-Westmeath (Burke?) have Pearse on a string.

3 Likes

There you. It’s a department that has responsibility for a lot of areas in major need of reform or improvement. As far as I can tell she did fuck all in that regard and botched a few other things.

Okay, I’ll accept that.

Definitely ineffective. Unsympathetic was ott. I meant absent in the sense of her almost being paralysed and not getting much done. In association football management terms, the job was too big for her.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/podcasts/21988376-zappone-did-not-put-herself-forward-for-un-envoy-r/

Here’s Dobbo grilling Coveney from earlier.

1 Like

:clap:

8 Likes

Martin’s bother with his nephew’s transfer suggests he might not be the man for that gig

1 Like

Who is his nephew?

Ger Browne. Tipp hurler who was grate underage then blackguarded by his own club and county

1 Like

surprisingly tough interview from RTE

then again dobbo missed a great opportunity to deliver a coup de grace when coveney was blathering about zappone “putting herself forward” by not asking how other people would put themselves forward for this type of gig and can coveney, given his yooge workload, give them the same consideration and access that zappone got

Surprised at Coveney letting himself get blindsided by this one. Would have held him in higher esteem than that

Leo investigating the leak :smiley:

2 Likes

Who is the leaker?

Please don’t say it’s Si.