Ireland politics (Part 2)

I didnā€™t have you down as thick.

Nearly 50% including the Greens. Not far off the general way of things historically (and internationally), except the other 52% has a significant number of headers these days.

Si Harris has had some impact, SF are floundering, what looked like a tap in 6 months ago looks like a forlorn hope now

SF need to dump MLMD

Si is absolutely relentless on social media. People ridiculed me when I set up the ā€œare you following Si Harris on social media?ā€ thread but heā€™s captured the hearts & minds of the Nualas & Donals.

2 Likes

I agree, but who would replace her? They donā€™t seem to be making any gains against the current coalition and we will have the same after the next election, maybe minus the Greens depending on how they do.

Weird that the greens arwnt getting credit for all the good stuff they have done

4 Likes

I think their advocates are turning the electorate off

2 Likes

Roderick seems to have made asylum seekers and housing them the hill he intends to die on. That plus the two botched referendums will hardly help them.

Nobody gives a fuck about the referendums mate

4 Likes

I cant sleep thinking about the referenda just gone lads.

1 Like

I agree on the referendums, not sure why heā€™s so intent on housing everyone who turns up here claiming asylum, even if theyā€™ve travelled down from the north or have come here from ā€œsafeā€ countries. Itā€™s madness.

Yes people are very ungrateful living in one of the best countries in the world

2 Likes

I think itā€™s more like a big chunk of the country have mixed feelings on the current gov parties but look at the alternative (which realistically is only SF/FF) and are unconvinced it would be better and in many cases think the uncertainty of what it would offer is too big a risk. Gov have been average this term but the opposition have mostly failed to capitalise. Mary Lou used to be an asset but her day is done too.

Tax and virtue signalling isnā€™t much of an achievement.

Because weā€™re onliged to.

Even if they come here through other ā€œsafeā€ countries?

We have had giveaway budget after giveaway budget mate

You keep inconveniencing people with one idiot i initiative after another. The greens are morons. Hopefully them and their cult are wiped out.

People love the deposit scheme now mate, only dolts dont like it